By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Activision Upset at Black Ops II Wii U Sales, Says Nintendo Fans Are All Talk

Oh, now I see where that dumbass thread I just posted in came from.

But really, I guess it's a shame that sales were bad for Nintendo, but I personally do not care about CoD and I hope Activision goes bankrupt, so it's not like I feel for them. I actually hope for every flop we can get from them :)

Around the Network

Poor source, but it does fall in line with the "publisher with unrealistic expectations" rumour we'd been hearing for a while now.

I see a lot of people trying to play down comparisons with the Vita version. Understandable, and I do get that it's an new original title v. a port. But it's also a well-made port v. a 3-month job rushed catastrophe, so it's not as clear cut as people are making out. I think there is definitely an advantage for being an original title. But more than anything, the difference was that Sony advertised the shit out of their version of CoD; they bundled it in one region; and they just made sure that the game was out there. Evidently, it worked to some degree, I suspect that's what Activision may have been wanting for Blops Wii-U as well.

Funnily enough, according to our sales figures, Blops 2 is one of the games that actually came out best from the Wii-U's launch. Which makes me wonder what the other third parties must be thinking.

Nevertheless, it comes down to the same opinion I had last time this was brought up. Once there is a concurrent release with other versions of the game, see how that does. If it's the same result, then there are grounds to complain. If not... then there's your problem, Activision.

I don't wanna buy Activision's expensive piece of crap. Please, tell to those guys they can stay away from my Wii U.

AstroMaSSi rules

keroncoward said:
wfz said:
I thought BO2 was getting a lot of shit right before/during the Wii U release because it was inferior. There were multiple comparison videos and screens showing this. Now all of a sudden it's not a gimped port?

Anyways, if I was Activision I would also be worried that I can't make games that appeal to the owners of the console.

It never was a gimped port to begin with, it was just a bunch of haters looking for anything to doom the console. I have the game and the only part i get drame dips thats noticible is during the campaign on the mission where youre running to get to the hellicopter. Its a bug cause it always slows down on that mission alone. The rest of the game is fine, the multiplayer does not get frame drops rarely lags and plays just as smooth on the screen of the controller.

Not really there are more levels with framerate problems. It dips frequently to something in the 30s.

Technically it's definitely an inferior version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

I bought Black Ops 2 for Wii U on launch date and believe me, NOBODY on Wii U is "all talk" because nobody has a headset.

But yeah, it's sad. Nintendo owners beg for the big games and when developers give it to us, we (well, not me) don't buy. I was actually pretty shocked to see how Resident Evil Revelations sold on 3DS. Great game with full features on a console with a great install base. Superb graphics and fantastic reviews and....well, you get the idea.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Metallicube said:

Fine Activision, then stop making games for Nintendo consoles. I would happy give that to not hear your guys whining anymore.

Do you actually believe this article is real? It's a blogger with no source.

Doesn't really matter as it was already known weeks ago that a company was very angry about the sales of a "big budget" WiiU game.

Logically it could've only been Activision with Black Ops 2.

DevilRising said:

@ShadowMarshal

Um....no offense, genuinely....but I really feel compelled to ask. Where the hell do you get your data?

Let's take a look, shall we?

From there it goes:

Pokemon - Over 219 million sold.

"Wii" (Sports, Fit, etc) - Over 190 million sold.

[...]

And THEN Need for Speed and Call of Duty, both at roughly 100 million.

So, you're making one of two mistakes in your statement. You're either A) falsely assuming that Call of Duty is "the biggest selling gaming franchise of all time", when in fact it's not even close, OR B) you for some reason meant to insenuate that the ACTUAL biggest selling game franchise of all time, Super Mario (which tops CoD by almost 3x as much), didn't sell well on Wii U, which would STILL miss the mark, considering that NSMB U sold about 1.5 million copies on a system that has thus far sold only somewhere over 3 million units. I'd call that selling pretty damn well. So either way, I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

and where did you get your data from ? Wikipedia ?

We already have CoD at 161m and that without any digital sales and very limited PC data. The franchise is easily at 170m right now.

Even on a successful Nintendo console the most successful games are Japanese made, western or not.

Barozi said:
keroncoward said:
wfz said:
I thought BO2 was getting a lot of shit right before/during the Wii U release because it was inferior. There were multiple comparison videos and screens showing this. Now all of a sudden it's not a gimped port?

Anyways, if I was Activision I would also be worried that I can't make games that appeal to the owners of the console.

It never was a gimped port to begin with, it was just a bunch of haters looking for anything to doom the console. I have the game and the only part i get drame dips thats noticible is during the campaign on the mission where youre running to get to the hellicopter. Its a bug cause it always slows down on that mission alone. The rest of the game is fine, the multiplayer does not get frame drops rarely lags and plays just as smooth on the screen of the controller.

Not really there are more levels with framerate problems. It dips frequently to something in the 30s.

Technically it's definitely an inferior version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

A framerate in the thirties is perfectly playable, it doesn't become a problem until it frequently drops into the low twenties and below.

And I'll take pointer and gamepad control over such differences, so I'd still call the U version superior.

ShadowMarshal said:
KungKras said:
Synchronize the releases and then we'll talk.

Oh ok, maybe wiiu should have synchronized with PS4/X3 release. Wonder how that would work out lol. Flawed logic. 

What do you think the chances of BlackOps2 on wii selling well? We all know the answer to that lol. Thanks for the comment!

@Bold. Is that an argument? Because it doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

I think if CoD released on Wii U at the same time as the other systems, it would sell similar in terms of attach rate.

I LOVE ICELAND!