By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Activision Upset at Black Ops II Wii U Sales, Says Nintendo Fans Are All Talk

*Releases rush-job port of an old game*
*Whinges when it doesn't sell*

Activision, the problem lies with you, because the Nintendo base didn't fall for your sucker-bait. Show some PROPER sincerity and perhaps you might find your titles selling more...

Around the Network

@ShadowMarshal

Um....no offense, genuinely....but I really feel compelled to ask. Where the hell do you get your data?

Let's take a look, shall we?

Mario, on the whole, meaning ALL Mario games, by far have sold more than anything else on the planet, with over 440 million copies sold to date.

The Super Mario franchise, meaning the main platforming games, is THE biggest selling game franchise in history, with over 275 million sold.

From there it goes:

Pokemon - Over 219 million sold.

"Wii" (Sports, Fit, etc) - Over 190 million sold.

The Sims - 150 million sold.

Grand Theft Auto - 125 million sold.

Tetris - 125 million sold.

FIFA - 105 million sold.

Final Fantasy - Over 102 million sold.

And THEN Need for Speed and Call of Duty, both at roughly 100 million.

So, you're making one of two mistakes in your statement. You're either A) falsely assuming that Call of Duty is "the biggest selling gaming franchise of all time", when in fact it's not even close, OR B) you for some reason meant to insenuate that the ACTUAL biggest selling game franchise of all time, Super Mario (which tops CoD by almost 3x as much), didn't sell well on Wii U, which would STILL miss the mark, considering that NSMB U sold about 1.5 million copies on a system that has thus far sold only somewhere over 3 million units. I'd call that selling pretty damn well. So either way, I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

In this I would say Nintendo fans are showing good taste and sense.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well, if they release the next cod on wii u, and ea doesn't put battlefield 4 on wii u, I will buy it.

Not that it matters that much, but the next Battlefield has been all but confirmed for Wii U for awhile now....though EA IS mad at Nintendo for not using their shitty online system or whatever.....

Around the Network

The original source: http://calvinhalluncensored.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/activision-not-happy-with-blops-2-wii-u-software-sales/

seems legit...

Sounds like bullshit.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Let's be honest here. When a franchise breaks sales records, sells millions upon millions of units on both PS3/360, yet somehow fails to sell on wiiu... That is a major problem with nintendo's demographics.

There is no reason for COD to have sold amazingly well on every console, yet bomb on wiiu.

There's nothing to argue. Nintendo has a problem, it's irrelevant if YOU have delusions and don't recognize it, because nintendo already knows it. So does Activision lol.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Synchronize the releases and then we'll talk.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Synchronize the releases and then we'll talk.

Oh ok, maybe wiiu should have synchronized with PS4/X3 release. Wonder how that would work out lol. Flawed logic. 

What do you think the chances of BlackOps2 on wii selling well? We all know the answer to that lol. Thanks for the comment!