By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777
Runa216 said:
Psyberius said:

I updated the other post after you replied so i'll add it here instead.

Seriously.  This thread is about people "trusting" microsoft after this generation?  Wtf does that even mean?  ...

Are you really so blinded by your love that you don't understand how someone could not trust Microsoft? 

Trust could be trusting them to give  us a console that works, something they didn't have the decency to give this generation. 

Trust could be trusting them to get games that people want to play, and continue to support the system with quality games until the end. 

Trust could be not screwing people out of money for a service that other consoles offer free of charge. 

Trust doesn't need to be something life changing, but if you're going to give someone you're money based on promises of quality experiences, you have to trust them to come through and not screw you over.  Microsoft screwed up bad by dropping the ball the last couple years, in the face of other consoles catching up and in many ways surpassing them, like how Sony embarassed them with PS+, or how steam is just 100x better in every way concerning online, specials, value, etc.  

Though the same thing could be said about Sony: Do we trust them to not take features away from their system like they did with OtherOS?  Do we want to trust them to keep value in our console next gen?  after all, EVERYTHING PS3 related is incapable of being played on PS4.  I understand why they did it, and feel it's a necessary evil to ensure the future of their console, and their change from the Cell to what they have now was needed to eliminate any potential issues with development and could make it so the PS5 or whatever is backwards compatible...but still.  

Trust works in many ways.  You're just too blind to see it.  IF you really can't see the horrible trust-abusing issues Microsoft has committed, then you're the very definition of that F-word I'm not allowed to use.  Not an insult, an observation.  

Bla bla I love sony, blah blah, Microsoft sucks, blah blah imaginary problems blah blah this has been said 10,000 times by all your anti-ms budies on this site 10,000 times now blah blah blah blah blah.

Thats what you just said.

The fact is that 10's of millions of MS users love the crap out of their machines.  The only people who have a "problem" with them are anti-ms.  Sorry but you're so blinded by your hatred that about anything MS that you're not even on the same planet as impartial.

Every single console has it's problems.  Sitting here going "do you trust microsoft?"  That's just anti-ms reprinted, regurgitated, redone, remade crap.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:

Bla bla I love sony, blah blah, Microsoft sucks, blah blah imaginary problems blah blah this has been said 10,000 times by all your anti-ms budies on this site 10,000 times now blah blah blah blah blah.

Thats what you just said.

The fact is that 10's of millions of MS users love the crap out of their machines.  The only people who have a "problem" with them are anti-ms.  Sorry but you're so blinded by your hatred that about anything MS that you're not even on the same planet as impartial.

Every single console has it's problems.  Sitting here going "do you trust microsoft?"  That's just anti-ms reprinted, regurgitated, redone, remade crap.

Oh, they all have problems, I won't deny that.  all companies have screwed up pretty bad, but of the three, Microsoft's issues come across as the ones that make them the least trustworthy due to the faulty hardware, greed, and aggression.  

And seriously dude?  do you realize that your immature response is the kind of crap that makes all fanboys look bad.  The fanatical, ignorant, rude, blind "every criticism of my favorite console is a conspiracy" nonsense is why it's agaisnt the rules to use the term 'fanboy' on this forum.  I remember a time when "Fanboy" was a harmless, kinda silly way to describe someone who took something very seriously, now it's an insult to describe precisely the insecure, blind nonsense that you just spewed.  

Grow up.  Seriously.  This is why we can't have nice things.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Psyberius said:

I updated the other post after you replied so i'll add it here instead.

Seriously.  This thread is about people "trusting" microsoft after this generation?  Wtf does that even mean?  Are they dropping their kids off in Redmond, WA for the day?   Is MS catering their wedding?    This thread amounts to a bunch of mostly anti-ms people clicking "no" when I bet a TON of them don't even have a frigging xbox.  The only concern that I admit was handled somewhat poorly was RROD and they learned from it.  A software company has TWO generations of xbox under their belt now and Xbox has been a MASSIVE success.  Including Live, Microsoft makes a LUDICROUS amount of money off Xbox and they make WAY more money than Nintendo or Sony could ever hope to make off a single product.   People on this site either refuse to acknowledge this or admit to how frigging quickly Microsoft has caught up.     Is the anti-ms jealousy because the MS product matches or exceeds every single metric other than potentially sales numbers or is it just deep seated support for a platform that the user has supported for multi generations?

I'm not even sure there would BE a PS3 at this point if MS hadn't been dumb and tried to push hd-dvd.  If MS had put a BLU-RAY in the 360, many many MANY millions of PS3 would never have been sold.  Anybody who denies that a ton of PS3 final decision for sales weren't generated by having a BLU-RAY onboard for the current gen of HD movie watching are seriously deluded.   These are facts, not nebulous "i don't know how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen" silliness that gets posted daily.    

My PC gaming used to involve Unreal Tournament.  Used to be ranked worldwide in the top 5 too which of course means I rule at life. ;)  Now my pc gaming is in MMORPG's.   I'm currently in Forsaken World(free).  Pretty sweet game, throw the odd 50 down for some sweet upgrades and every day I advance myself.   I'm not sure I could go back to my FPS's anymore because of my mind needing that advance. :/

thats silly thinking.

If MS had a bluray player in 360... It wouldve been delayed and wouldve cost $599 just like PS3 did.... so 360s two biggest advantages wouldve been gone

and it's not just MS turning their back on unique IPs .

take a look at the MetalGearRising sales. that tells me that the Xbox users themselves don't actively support diverse gaming outside big names like CoD and Halo.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

take a look at the MetalGearRising sales. that tells me that the Xbox users themselves don't actively support diverse gaming outside big names like CoD and Halo.

Really? Because if I look on this site, I see MGR selling virtually the same everywhere except Japan, where 360 sales are naturally non-existent. And when you take into account the fact that Metal Gear has become synonymous with Playstation, it's no surprise that it would sell higher on PS3.

Around the Network

I say this. I can't take anyone that sites MS's hardware issues with the 360 as reason to go to Sony seriously. Sony has the worst track record when it comes to hardware reliability. What's worse than that is their response to the issues. Sony's response to hardware issues is to bury their heads in the sand and deny that their is a problem.

The reason to pick Sony would be software. Sony has numerous high quality first party IPs that you can't get anywhere else. That is an undeniable fact. Picking Sony for hardware reliability is the epitome of an oxymoron.

Darc Requiem said:
I say this. I can't take anyone that sites MS's hardware issues with the 360 as reason to go to Sony seriously. Sony has the worst track record when it comes to hardware reliability. What's worse than that is their response to the issues. Sony's response to hardware issues is to bury their heads in the sand and deny that their is a problem.

The reason to pick Sony would be software. Sony has numerous high quality first party IPs that you can't get anywhere else. That is an undeniable fact. Picking Sony for hardware reliability is the epitome of an oxymoron.

Umm...  MS denied the issue for the first 1.5 years before extending the warranty ("Ya know, things break!").  Even then, they just sent half working consoles that would break down very quickly as replacements.  They did a good job getting the press to get gamers to think they are the good guys even though they should have sent everyone redesigned fully working consoles.  Eventually, gamers will get tired of sending it back and will end up just buying an arcade unit and putting a drive on it and Voila - a new hardware unit sold.

Now I'm not saying that Sony's reliability track record is much better, but MS is hardly the angels that people want to believe they are in the way they handled everything.  In reliability, Nintendo is the only one I do trust.

Ditching the fanbase mid generation that is not in lock step with Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, and Kinect is the reason I won't be getting the next Xbox.  I spent alot of money on a console that I thought would have a jRPG future when LO and ToV were released just to be kicked to the curb.  I even said the Xbox 360 was my favorite console a few years ago. 

Next generation (this generation with Wii U), it's Sony and Nintendo for me.  And the fact that the rumors are getting stronger about always online and no used / borrowed games reinforces my position.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

J_Allard said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Really? Because if I look on this site, I see MGR selling virtually the same everywhere except Japan, where 360 sales are naturally non-existent. And when you take into account the fact that Metal Gear has become synonymous with Playstation, it's no surprise that it would sell higher on PS3.

Konami didnt bother releasing the 360 version in Japan, also the PS3 version has exclusive VR missions.

me and most of my friends put up with the numerous problems the console gave us (red rings, disc drive not opening, paying for xbox live) because of halo and gears- two series exclusive to their console. Everyone loves their 360's despite the headaches it gives us- because of its exclusive franchises.

but now the problem is that bungie is now making multiplatform games so i really don't care about halo 4,5,6 anymore. much like call of duty, i dont play it anymore because it is no where near what it used to be when it was made by its original developers.
also, cliffy b has left epic i hear so obviously gears won't be the same anymore either.
i really did not like sony's direction with the ps3 for most of its years and i haven't had one recently but for the past few years all they have been doing is innovating, making new franchises. so i am going to take a leap of faith and go with the ps4 next gen and not the next xbox. i simply don't trust them to either a) do well in hardware b) release NEW franchises.

but we will see after E3.

FinalEvangelion said:
Darc Requiem said:

Umm...  MS denied the issue for the first 1.5 years before extending the warranty ("Ya know, things break!").  Even then, they just sent half working consoles that would break down very quickly as replacements.  They did a good job getting the press to get gamers to think they are the good guys even though they should have sent everyone redesigned fully working consoles.  Eventually, gamers will get tired of sending it back and will end up just buying an arcade unit and putting a drive on it and Voila - a new hardware unit sold.

Now I'm not saying that Sony's reliability track record is much better, but MS is hardly the angels that people want to believe they are in the way they handled everything.  In reliability, Nintendo is the only one I do trust.

Ditching the fanbase mid generation that is not in lock step with Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, and Kinect is the reason I won't be getting the next Xbox.  I spent alot of money on a console that I thought would have a jRPG future when LO and ToV were released just to be kicked to the curb.  I even said the Xbox 360 was my favorite console a few years ago. 

Next generation (this generation with Wii U), it's Sony and Nintendo for me.  And the fact that the rumors are getting stronger about always online and no used / borrowed games reinforces my position.

MS is hardly angelic. But Sony has had issues with both PS1 and PS2, that they deny to this day. Onwers literally had to sue them to get them to do the right thing. Too see fans act as if they are the masters of bulletproof hardware is insulting.