By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777

Seems like most people won't trust MS next gen

Around the Network
9087 said:
Seems like most people won't trust MS next gen

No, it seems like most people with pro-sony signatures won't trust MS next gen.

Learn the difference, please.

I agree :-|

zero129 said:

And my point is proving we really need to bring in more PC and MS fans here somehow, i hope our mods can figure out a way to do that so the balance can be even as we are missing out on a pretty big user base imo.

You need to figure out how to stop alienating them first.  That honestly isn't going to happen when like 20% of posts are anti-ms and often aren't even close to being based on fact.  Just the people blasting Ms Live alone number in the 100s and most of them don't or haven't even use it.

This honest to god is my day when i come here.

1. I pop the thumbnail in chrome,

2. check the threads i've posted in

3. see a bunch of anti-ms.  

4. Check the numbers if they've been updated.  

5. Check the major topics, see a bunch of anti-ms crap like "What is MS going to if or when XBOX 720 has a bad Christmas this year?"

6. Check out some of the threads that aren't even related to MS, see a bunch of comments on how something is better than Xbox

7. get eye strain from all of the times I've rolled my eyes so far

8. avoid posting even a single new thread because it'll generate more anti-ms posts or comparisons to ms which isn't really on topic,

9. feel a headache starting,

10. pop a thumbnail to another site before I get a migraine from all of the baseless, needless, exagerated, repeated, frou-frou comments against ms that come up on an average day.

I updated the other post after you replied so i'll add it here instead.

Seriously.  This thread is about people "trusting" microsoft after this generation?  Wtf does that even mean?  Are they dropping their kids off in Redmond, WA for the day?   Is MS catering their wedding?    This thread amounts to a bunch of mostly anti-ms people clicking "no" when I bet a TON of them don't even have a frigging xbox.  The only concern that I admit was handled somewhat poorly was RROD and they learned from it.  A software company has TWO generations of xbox under their belt now and Xbox has been a MASSIVE success.  Including Live, Microsoft makes a LUDICROUS amount of money off Xbox and they make WAY more money than Nintendo or Sony could ever hope to make off a single product.   People on this site either refuse to acknowledge this or admit to how frigging quickly Microsoft has caught up.     Is the anti-ms jealousy because the MS product matches or exceeds every single metric other than potentially sales numbers or is it just deep seated support for a platform that the user has supported for multi generations?

I'm not even sure there would BE a PS3 at this point if MS hadn't been dumb and tried to push hd-dvd.  If MS had put a BLU-RAY in the 360, many many MANY millions of PS3 would never have been sold.  Anybody who denies that a ton of PS3 final decision for sales weren't generated by having a BLU-RAY onboard for the current gen of HD movie watching are seriously deluded.   These are facts, not nebulous "i don't know how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen" silliness that gets posted daily.    

My PC gaming used to involve Unreal Tournament.  Used to be ranked worldwide in the top 5 too which of course means I rule at life. ;)  Now my pc gaming is in MMORPG's.   I'm currently in Forsaken World(free).  Pretty sweet game, throw the odd 50 down for some sweet upgrades and every day I advance myself.   I'm not sure I could go back to my FPS's anymore because of my mind needing that advance. :/

Around the Network
Psyberius said:

You need to figure out how to stop alienating them first.  That honestly isn't going to happen when like 20% of posts are anti-ms and often aren't even close to being based on fact.  Just the people blasting Ms Live alone number in the 100s and most of them don't or haven't even use it.

This honest to god is my day when i come here.

1. I pop the thumbnail in chrome,

2. check the threads i've posted in

3. see a bunch of anti-ms.  

4. Check the numbers if they've been updated.  

5. Check the major topics, see a bunch of anti-ms crap like "What is MS going to if or when XBOX 720 has a bad Christmas this year?"

6. Check out some of the threads that aren't even related to MS, see a bunch of comments on how something is better than Xbox

7. get eye strain from all of the times I've rolled my eyes so far

8. avoid posting even a single new thread because it'll generate more anti-ms posts or comparisons to ms which isn't really on topic,

9. feel a headache starting,

10. pop a thumbnail to another site before I get a migraine from all of the baseless, needless, exagerated, repeated, frou-frou comments against ms that come up on an average day.

Are you really so delusional to think that the Microsoft hate is unwarranted, baseless, or needless?  They go out of their way to nickel-and-dime customers WHILE flooding their homepage with ads; they cared so much about beating Sony to the punch that they gave us a terrible, terrible, faulty system, they strongarmed developers into exclusive deals, they have practically no quality exclusives anymore outside of the dudebro games like Halo, Gears of War, and Forza (some quality stuff for download though.)  Not only that, but they've all but abandoned gamers in lieu of trying so very hard to cater to the casual crowd Nintendo attracted by giving  us shitty games on an impressive but underutilized motion control device.  How is ANY of that criticism unwarranted?  

AS you can see from my Signature, I have and have loved all current systems, and I certainly have my favorites (PS3 in first by a wide margin), but that doesn't mean my opinions or observations are biased or unfair.  

All the companies have made considerable mistakes, but Microsoft is the only one that seems to genuinely dislike its fanbase.  Nintendo moved on and failed to deliver, and Sony had some major issues, but didn't do anything to actively fuck over its fanbase.  I can't say the same for Microsoft.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Psyberius said:

Seriously.  This thread is about people "trusting" microsoft after this generation?  Wtf does that even mean?  Are they dropping their kids off in Redmond, WA for the day?   Is MS catering their wedding?    This thread amounts to a bunch of mostly anti-ms people clicking "no" when I bet a TON of them don't even have a frigging xbox.  The only concern that I admit was handled somewhat poorly was RROD and they learned from it.  A software company has TWO generations of xbox under their belt now and Xbox has been a MASSIVE success.  Including Live, Microsoft makes a LUDICROUS amount of money off Xbox and they make WAY more money than Nintendo or Sony could ever hope to make off a single product.   People on this site either refuse to acknowledge this or admit to how frigging quickly Microsoft has caught up.     Is the anti-ms jealousy because the MS product matches or exceeds every single metric other than potentially sales numbers or is it just deep seated support for a platform that the user has supported for multi generations?

I'm not even sure there would BE a PS3 at this point if MS hadn't been dumb and tried to push hd-dvd.  If MS had put a BLU-RAY in the 360, many many MANY millions of PS3 would never have been sold.  Anybody who denies that a ton of PS3 final decision for sales weren't generated by having a BLU-RAY onboard for the current gen of HD movie watching are seriously deluded.   These are facts, not nebulous "i don't know how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen" silliness that gets posted daily.    

My PC gaming used to involve Unreal Tournament.  Used to be ranked worldwide in the top 5 too which of course means I rule at life. ;)  Now my pc gaming is in MMORPG's.   I'm currently in Forsaken World(free).  Pretty sweet game, throw the odd 50 down for some sweet upgrades and every day I advance myself.   I'm not sure I could go back to my FPS's anymore because of my mind needing that advance. :/

The point of this thread has gone over your head. Your anger towards previous grievances cloud your vision.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Psyberius said:

Seriously.  This thread is about people "trusting" microsoft after this generation?  Wtf does that even mean?  ...

Are you really so blinded by your love that you don't understand how someone could not trust Microsoft? 

Trust could be trusting them to give  us a console that works, something they didn't have the decency to give this generation. 

Trust could be trusting them to get games that people want to play, and continue to support the system with quality games until the end. 

Trust could be not screwing people out of money for a service that other consoles offer free of charge. 

Trust doesn't need to be something life changing, but if you're going to give someone you're money based on promises of quality experiences, you have to trust them to come through and not screw you over.  Microsoft screwed up bad by dropping the ball the last couple years, in the face of other consoles catching up and in many ways surpassing them, like how Sony embarassed them with PS+, or how steam is just 100x better in every way concerning online, specials, value, etc.  

Though the same thing could be said about Sony: Do we trust them to not take features away from their system like they did with OtherOS?  Do we want to trust them to keep value in our console next gen?  after all, EVERYTHING PS3 related is incapable of being played on PS4.  I understand why they did it, and feel it's a necessary evil to ensure the future of their console, and their change from the Cell to what they have now was needed to eliminate any potential issues with development and could make it so the PS5 or whatever is backwards compatible...but still.  

Trust works in many ways.  You're just too blind to see it.  IF you really can't see the horrible trust-abusing issues Microsoft has committed, then you're the very definition of that F-word I'm not allowed to use.  Not an insult, an observation.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Love all this down with MS/Nintendo long live Sony bull.

Claymore said:
Love all this down with MS/Nintendo long live Sony bull.

I don't see anyone saying "Down with Microsoft/Nintendo", I am seeing a lot of people saying "Microsoft and Nntendo fucked up bad this gen, here's why."

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX