By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777

For me, the disc scratching on 360 and problems with XBL were enough to make me go to PS3.

Not to mention, charging $100 for the WIFI adapter that came with every PS3 for free.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
J_Allard said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
and it's not just MS turning their back on unique IPs .

take a look at the MetalGearRising sales. that tells me that the Xbox users themselves don't actively support diverse gaming outside big names like CoD and Halo.

Really? Because if I look on this site, I see MGR selling virtually the same everywhere except Japan, where 360 sales are naturally non-existent. And when you take into account the fact that Metal Gear has become synonymous with Playstation, it's no surprise that it would sell higher on PS3.

Konami didnt bother releasing the 360 version in Japan, also the PS3 version has exclusive VR missions.

That's makes it even less of an issue then. No Japan + less content = less people buy it.

Runa216 said:
Claymore said:
Love all this down with MS/Nintendo long live Sony bull.

I don't see anyone saying "Down with Microsoft/Nintendo", I am seeing a lot of people saying "Microsoft and Nntendo fucked up bad this gen, here's why."

The problem with the OP, the thread authors replies to people who don't agree, and posts like yours are that they leave no room for rational discussion. You just told some dude if he doesn't agree with your list of MS "horrible trust issues" or something that he's basically an "f-word". Oh but not an insult though, just an obervation. Idk why people make posts like that and then act surprised when they get hostile/opinionated posts fired back at them.

The OP is welcome to not trust MS for the reasons he listed. They are valid reasons for himself and others. The thread asks how anyone can trust MS after this gen, the simple answer is different strokes for different folks. For every single complaint someone has in this thread there can be another person who doesn't see that as an issue at all. For example, a common complaint is lack of Wifi. I happen to not like using wireless for online play. It's slower and less reliable. So not an issue to me. You mentioned shoddy hardware. Certainly a valid worry. After all, MS spent billions on the RROD issue. I myself went through 3-4 consoles, I forget. But each was repaired for free or replaced. So my trust there is fine. It's also helped a little by the realization that Sony also has their own fair share of hardware issues. Or paying for XBL. I don't have an issue with that even though others offer it for free because it's a better experience for me. If I take the wife out for a nice seafood dinner, I don't grind my teeth the whole time because I could have gotten a fish and hush puppy platter from Long John Silvers for only $4 or whatever. I also subscribe to PS+ even though Steam does all PS+ does and more for no cost.

Someone should just lock this turd.

FinalEvangelion said:

Umm...  MS denied the issue for the first 1.5 years before extending the warranty ("Ya know, things break!").  Even then, they just sent half working consoles that would break down very quickly as replacements.  They did a good job getting the press to get gamers to think they are the good guys even though they should have sent everyone redesigned fully working consoles.  Eventually, gamers will get tired of sending it back and will end up just buying an arcade unit and putting a drive on it and Voila - a new hardware unit sold.

Easy answer for that problem...early on in the second generation of a game console with little hardware experience.

MS is learning but every single Sony/Nintendo friendly but MS blaster on the site(and there are 100s of you) seems to forget that their respective companies have DECADES of experience in hardware.

Saying "You shouldn't trust MS" when they've barely been in hardware let alone gaming hardware is sillyness.   The current 360's perform spectacularly, have extremely few failures and represent MS very well.

You'll note that most MS complaints come in the area of failure due generally due to significant use.  Easy explained by the fact they didn't have the knowhow or experience to handle overheating/much greater use than they expected.   This is me rolling my eyes as this point gets attacked even though it's 100% true.

9087 said:

thats silly thinking.

If MS had a bluray player in 360... It wouldve been delayed and wouldve cost $599 just like PS3 did.... so 360s two biggest advantages wouldve been gone

Perhaps, perhaps not.  I know that many millions of PS3's would not have sold if XBOX had a bluray in it.  Don't deny it...go check the percentage of people who ONLY use their PS3 as a bluray player.  Also go check the number of people who early on bought a PS3 as getting it for your bluray needs was cheaper than most standalone bluray players.

Around the Network

it has nothing to do with trust(i never trusted them as they cared shit about gamers until they released xbox pretending to be gamers best friend.But I trusted peter moore and he did a great job for gamers-after he left 360 turned into what i have predicted)

but i must say:MS has great spin doctors and great PR creating turning gamers into lemmings.
Paying for nothing.They call it:service and experience.
saying people:360 the ultimate gaming machine.you need exclusives-gamers say yes.noone needs a media center like ps3.
MS changing mind:360 ultimate casual machins-gamers say yes.
MS changing strategy:360is a media center,you don't need exclusives.-gamers say yes.etc et

I'm know waiting for MS to bann used games,to prove me right that the lemmings will again say yes,without complaining,ignoring that they will lose 400dollar every single year by not being able to sell the 10 games they buy in a single year and can't sell anymore to refinance the next games.Wonder which kind of manipulative rhetorik ms merchandising will use this time to convince people to lose 2000dollars within the next 5 years for the love of ms.

This user was moderated for this post by amp316.

Psyberius said:
9087 said:

thats silly thinking.

If MS had a bluray player in 360... It wouldve been delayed and wouldve cost $599 just like PS3 did.... so 360s two biggest advantages wouldve been gone

...go check the percentage of people who ONLY use their PS3 as a bluray player.  Also go check the number of people who early on bought a PS3 as getting it for your bluray needs was cheaper than most standalone bluray players.

Prove it. 

I tried checking and nothing came up. You're the one making these claims so the onus is on you to back up your claims. 

J_Allard said:

That's makes it even less of an issue then. No Japan + less content = less people buy it.

Ok then since we are only in the first week and sales don't show that much of a gap... DmC i use you !

wfz said:

Sorry, but this is all Microsoft needs to keep its fans:

This is hilarious, but would need CoD and Gears to be included before its true.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
J_Allard said:

Ok then since we are only in the first week and sales don't show that much of a gap... DmC i use you !

You use DMC to do what? That's another "Playstation" release getting a huge boost over 360 solely because of Japan.

Calling that a "unique IP" is a stretch too. According to this site its sold what... 4,000 more in NA/EU? Wow.