By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777
zero129 said:
Chark said:
I agree with Freequaker. There are legitimate and sound arguments in regards to the way MS handles their OS platform. It is something oft discussed among computer techs and network admins. They do a lot for the industry and their products bring a lot of innovation, but some of the decisions they make and general practices are made with great criticism in the field. In that regard though, Freequaker's thoughts have come off much harsher than probably they should be intended.

As for mentioning the MS fan base here, he obviously know the count, but most don't. What he does know, from what he has experienced here is that there are a decent number of aggressive hoodlums who are overly defensive and utterly incapable of addressing criticism without it regressing to petty squabble, name calling, denial, intentional derailment, or evangelized avoidance.

Do any of you actually care or know much about MS to be able to formulate an argument? Or does it boil down to very miniscule products or public adoption that outweighs any concern or desire for the overall business approach? Let alone understand it.

Id like to ask does the OP know enough about Ms since everything he said was based on half truths.

Id also like to point out that the is Fanboys on this site from all sides of consoles thats just as bad as each other.

So trying to say Ms fanboys are worse then such a such a fanboys is pretty one sided imo as every fanboy is as bad as each other.

From what Freequaker has experienced, it is pretty bad. There are far fewer MS fans on this site and the most active ones don't provide that much input a lot of the time. When "attacked" or critized a few of them act in a certain manner, while I see that with all groups, the ratio of good MS fans is pretty low. Essentially, I'd like to see better MS fans frequent the site, but we tend to have the more harshly opinionated ones.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Chark said:

From what Freequaker has experienced, it is pretty bad. There are far fewer MS fans on this site and the most active ones don't provide that much input a lot of the time. When "attacked" or critized a few of them act in a certain manner, while I see that with all groups, the ratio of good MS fans is pretty low. Essentially, I'd like to see better MS fans frequent the site, but we tend to have the more harshly opinionated ones.

This i just dont agree with. I have not seen any more harsher Ms fans here then we have of Sony or Nintendo fans. In fact i think the is more harsh Sony fans on this site (since their user base is so big here) then i have seen of MS fans.

I'm not talking quantity, I'm talking ratio of posts per fan base.

forevercloud3000 said:
JayWood2010 said:

learn that people have preferences and opinions and stop shoving yours down others throats. Goodnight

I RECOMMEND PEOPLE NOT COMMENTING IN THIS THREAD AND LET IT DIE.  DONT FEED PEOPLE WHEN THEY MAKE THESE TYPE OF THREADS.  YOUR NOT GOING TO CHANGE HIS OPINION AND ALL THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE IS ARGUEING AND HIM DEFENDING HIS REASONS.

What are you talking about? You are basically going LALALA to these glaring issues that I have pointed out. I just would like to know how something like this is so easily dissmissed when so many other companies get blasted for far less.

Glaring issues to somebody with a totaly ps3 signature.

This thread is total Anti-MS fanboi fluff.  We know that MS has had growing pains...this is their...2nd gen now?

As for MS Live.  It's 1000 x better than PSN.  I use both and PSN is no where near as good as Live.  Live provides a ton of value so therefore I should pay for that value.(and happily).

Bla bla bla, i'm into sony and ms sucks, bla bla bla, i'm into nintendo and ms sucks.....BLAH     BLAH    BLAHH  BLAAHAHBLAHBLAHBLABLABLAH X 1 MILLION.

Chark said:
zero129 said:
Chark said:
I agree with Freequaker. There are legitimate and sound arguments in regards to the way MS handles their OS platform. It is something oft discussed among computer techs and network admins. They do a lot for the industry and their products bring a lot of innovation, but some of the decisions they make and general practices are made with great criticism in the field. In that regard though, Freequaker's thoughts have come off much harsher than probably they should be intended.

As for mentioning the MS fan base here, he obviously know the count, but most don't. What he does know, from what he has experienced here is that there are a decent number of aggressive hoodlums who are overly defensive and utterly incapable of addressing criticism without it regressing to petty squabble, name calling, denial, intentional derailment, or evangelized avoidance.

Do any of you actually care or know much about MS to be able to formulate an argument? Or does it boil down to very miniscule products or public adoption that outweighs any concern or desire for the overall business approach? Let alone understand it.

Id like to ask does the OP know enough about Ms since everything he said was based on half truths.

Id also like to point out that the is Fanboys on this site from all sides of consoles thats just as bad as each other.

So trying to say Ms fanboys are worse then such a such a fanboys is pretty one sided imo as every fanboy is as bad as each other.

We generally don't reply because this site is run on AttackWare 5.0.   The fact is that 90% of the people attacking Live are not Live users and/or do not use the features that underline why Ms Live Gold exists.   Like TWELVE million people pay for it yearly...plus all the other addons.  They don't mind it, but 1000s of people on this site with pro-sony or pro-nintendo signatures are self proclaimed professional MS Live commentators.

What am I saying?  You get tired of the nonstop just short of  ban attacks or WORSE repetitive x 1 trillion underline of Xbox's faults.  I'm done with replying about how Nintendo or Sony have failed because like people say, this site is pro sony/pro nintendo.

I'll just comment on the PSN and XBL Gold portion. (At this point in time I am not going to argue which is better, except on dl speeds. XBL is hands down much faster. Hopefully that changes in the PS4.)

Though XBL Gold doesn't offer much more than PSN right now, by charging $$ it was always forced to stay relevant and show why you should pay $$ over a free service.
Some cool things that were only available for XBL Gold (Sadly Discontinued)
Netflix party watch (I loved this feature. You could watch Netflix with friends all over the country as if you were in the same room. Perfect for bad movies, or watching classics.)
1 vs. 100 (This was also awesome for having fun with friends in a live environment.)

At this point in time why would anyone pay for XBL if PSN is free? IMHO at this point in time XBL does not offer anything to make it more valuable than PSN. But I continue to pay for XBL because most of my friends only have a 360 (Well more of my friends have a Wii than anything ;))

Here is the true reason I prefer the 360 over the PS3. Games on average go on sale for less on the 360 than the PS3 in the US. This may be because more 360 copies are shipped in the US, but none the less I can often get a third party AAA game for $10 - $15 on the 360 within 12 - 18 months of release. Sometimes sooner.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:

We generally don't reply because this site is run on AttackWare 5.0.   The fact is that 90% of the people attacking Live are not Live users and/or do not use the features that underline why Ms Live Gold exists.   Like TWELVE million people pay for it yearly...plus all the other addons.  They don't mind it, but 1000s of people on this site with pro-sony or pro-nintendo signatures are self proclaimed professional MS Live commentators.

What am I saying?  You get tired of the nonstop just short of  ban attacks or WORSE repetitive x 1 trillion underline of Xbox's faults.  I'm done with replying about how Nintendo or Sony have failed because like people say, this site is pro sony/pro nintendo.

I understand people are pretty critical of MS and especially Live, but don't make the mistake of assuming that those who don't use Live can't criticize it. There is a reason people choose not to subscribe to it after all. The best way is to try to stay calm and aim for reasonable disscussion. It is easy to take text out of hand.

The main problem with this thread is the lack of Live supporters actually addressing the OP, instead of attacking him for not having a 360 or not using Live or don't even comment or being a Sony fan or for not having 100% accurate points therefore it is 100% wrong.

whining about the xbox while still being largely in the dark about it is so gonna work!
i just see fear that if the rumors are true its gonna be awesome, and thus the damage control must be done in advance

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
whining about the xbox while still being largely in the dark about it is so gonna work!
i just see fear that if the rumors are true its gonna be awesome, and thus the damage control must be done in advance

What awesome rumors?

Chark said:
Psyberius said:

I understand people are pretty critical of MS and especially Live, but don't make the mistake of assuming that those who don't use Live can't criticize it. There is a reason people choose not to subscribe to it after all. The best way is to try to stay calm and aim for reasonable disscussion. It is easy to take text out of hand.

The main problem with this thread is the lack of Live supporters actually addressing the OP, instead of attacking him for not having a 360 or not using Live or don't even comment or being a Sony fan or for not having 100% accurate points therefore it is 100% wrong.

His points have been dissected one by one more than enough times in this thread. Personally after the vitriol I have seen sprayed onto XBL users here in my short time as a member, I'm not surprised a lot of MS fans don't respond in depth.

zero129 said:

Imo we need more Xbox and Pc fans on this site and at least 2 or 3 more mods that like them systems to even things out. As atm they are pretty uneven imo with the Sony and Nintendo fan base killing the X360 PC fan base in terms of size. Damn im pretty sure that the Sony fanbase alone is more then the combined 360, PC fansbase together on this site. And i think Nintendos might be even bigger O_O .

Its not that our mods are biased or anything as they do the best job they can, but they dont get to see and notice everything as imo we dont have enough mods. If this site wants to grow we need more mods and they need to own a PC or an Xbox or both imo .

I bet that alone would start to bring in more Xbox and Pc fans to this site 2 of the biggest user base we are missing out on atm. Cos if you ask someone about VGC they are going to be told if your an Xbox or Pc fan forget about it, almost no users there its mostly a Nintendo and Sony site. Not saying this is what i think but this is whats being said and i have seen it said before.

People talk about how Neogaf has people that knows about tech talk etc etc. Thats only cos they have many Pc users there, something we could join in on too .

Im just thinking of ways to grow our userbase even more thats all

There is only so much attack and backhanded pseudo praise that you see over and over before you just don't want to talk about anything anymore.  I've been here since almost the beginning and have like a couple hundred posts?  I check this site out at least once a day, roll my eyes at something someone's regurgitated or attacked and then go on to somewhere else.

If it didn't seem like a million people on this site weren't bent on blowing ms up, i'd be more active but honestly...look around...what's the point?