By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Why is this in Nintendo-discussion? Why does this thread even exists, it is - well - not very good thought out.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Why do people hate Sony so damn much?

PullusPardus said:
Why do people hate Sony so damn much?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154096&page=1#

This same topic again and again and again. REALLY!?

ARE YOU CEREAL!?

Around the Network

I was surprised the controller didn't have Vita's rear touchpad, but thinking about it, guess it would be less useful and more gimmicky than the front one they use.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

I was surprised the controller didn't have Vita's rear touchpad, but thinking about it, guess it would be less useful and more gimmicky than the front one they use.

Please explain. I don't think there is any way to be less useful and more gimmicky than the front touchpad. Currently serves absolutely no purpose. 

N-Magic said:

Technically the Wii U isn't the only thing that Sony copied. After watching the announcement, they have also copied the Kinect from Microsoft. Their new Playstation Eye with dual IR camera is essentially....a stripped down Kinect. Which Sony claims is used for sensing the location and depth (as to how close or far) of the Dual Shock 4 controller.

Sony did not really announce anything "Innovative" it was just a culmination of things they've borrowed from other companies (Facebook, Nintendo, Micorsoft, Steam, etc.) and slapped last generation PC hardware. I'm surprised there's no "Like" button on that Dual Shock 4 controller.

in what world did sony copy the WiiU?  im guessing your talking about your remote play, with the highlight feature being the ability to remote play with vita. i would like to point out that the vita, has been announced and released before the WiiU. also, ps4's remote play is just miles ahead of what the WiiU technicially can do. i would also like to point out that remote play, a feautre that sony has been using for YEARS way before the WiiU was even being developed, is not the same thing as the WIiU. 

now your claim that ps4 ripped off kinect. lol, go do your research. here is a tip, its called PS Eye. its funny that nintendoand ms fans claim innovation in motion gaming when sony did it first, Sony was actually the first company to bring motion gaming in a succesful way to the gaming market, deal with it.

now the lack of anything "innovative". do you really know what that word means? or did you learn it from hearing nintendo PR talking nonsense like how they focus on "innovation". let me explain then, here its from google, the meaning of innovation  is " A new method, idea, product, etc: "technological innovations".what  sony is bringing to the online space with gaikai, being able to play games, play trails right away from there network, is "a new method and idea" its innovative. 

the other innovative thing was media molecule's new way to sculpt and create user generated content, now i know what your thinking, "who cares about that?" something usually nintendo and MS fans say to user generated content, why? because they dont have it, heck littlebigplanet shits on every 2d nintendo platformer when it comes to "innovation", a term every nintendo fan likes to use and brag about (without any logical basis though). and why does LBP do that? because its play, create, share campaign, nintendo fans in retaliation say they dont care about it, claim that there is no innovation in it when there clearly is, why? because they dont have it, because they cant do it.

tell me, whats so innovative about the Wiiu? the second screen? yeah that wasnt done before.... ohh wait..... but wait since we cant claim that as innovative its now all about the games! so lets see what we got there! ummm ok we got another 2D mario.... cool thats innovative right?! not really since its pretty much more of the same of the same 2D mario that came just a couple of months before it. but then there is nintendoland!! another minigame collection yay. then what else is innovaitve? ohh ohh its Miiverse!! its an online gaming comminity!! yeah... we havent seen that before... i mean nintendo's sub par efforts when it comes to online gaming and online networks is considered "innovative" when actually the things they doing was done by the competition for an entire generation but when Sony brings something completely new to the online space, sets the bar up so high that nintendo will take literally years (probably even generations) to catch up, its nothing new or innovative right? 

its also like people just would blindly claim that sony doesnt do anything new, i should bow to nintendo when they make another 2d mario or mario kart or start bursting into tears of joy when MS announce a new kinect game where you dance in it but when sony makes innovations in games like, littlebigplanet, MAG, puppeteer, rain, flow, flower, journy, uncharted, god of war, heavy rain, beyond two souls and modnation racers its all shit, dull and old right?

so much talk about innovation, innovation. when nintendo slaps a touch screen on a regular controller, its something that the world never seen before (apple TV, dream cast, remote play) when MS bring kinect, its clearly innovative, even though sony did the same concept and idea 10 years before it. but when sony makes shit loads of new stuff, no its nothing new, nothing innovative, just because its sony.

There was very little innovation shown, in either hardware or software. The PS4 is purely about evolution and execution. It's what you should expect from Playstation, as pretty much everything they have brought to gaming was pioneered elsewhere, be it analog sticks, move balls, CD-ROMs, Trophy's, or any game genre they make. That said, most Sony fans I know are happy about that. They are not looking for something different...they want what they already know, just better.

KHlover said:
TomaTito said:

Please explain. I don't think there is any way to be less useful and more gimmicky than the front touchpad. Currently serves absolutely no purpose. 

i think its more related than to the UI, its like using the touchpad on a laptop. also the addition of the thing can really help in building user generated content. littlebigplanet for example would GREATLY benifit from this, also modnation racers and LPB karting, creating tracks on that thing would be awesome. 

just pushing the play, create, share campaign alone is worth adding it