By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This topic should be called Nintendo and Microsoft innovate and Sony does shit.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:

I don´t think that Kinect was a copy of the Eyetoy, because they work in a different way.
Kinect capts movements based on the heat of the body, while the Eyetoy capts movements based on the images, not on the body itself. It´s a different technology

Still, much longer than both there was the Power Glove by Mattel and the Genesis/Mega Drive motion Sensor... so in that way all companies are using recicled 80´s ideas.

As for the conference, actually there wasn´t anything we weren´t expecting or we didn´t already know, apart from some of the games announced. The line-up of games seems really good, but we´re still don´t know what the device looks like and how much it will cost, and that gave me the impression that it was a rushed conference.

But let´s not jump on conclusions... it´s clear that Sony still has a lot to do and I hope we can have a better glimpse of the PS4 on E3

Sony brought camera motion gaming to consoles, plain and simple. Microsoft took their leftovers after Sony turned down Primesense in helping make their first Eyetoy. Sony deemed the tech not potent enough to use depth to play hardcore games in an innovative manner. This is exactly the reason why they immediately went back to R&D in 2004 to create the Move after the first Eyetoy launched.

Endless bragging countered by endless complaints and disarming. These will be a tough couple of weeks, I might have to take some time off from this place.

Why does everyone focus on a camera that had mere seconds of just its appearance shown? This was a 2 hour conference showing epic games and features so maybe you should make your argument about those.

Hostility begets hostility.
You better hope that WiiU starts to earn its keep (as I do, now that I own one) because this shit is going to get thrown back in your face.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Why does everyone focus on a camera that had mere seconds of just its appearance shown? This was a 2 hour conference showing epic games and features so maybe you should make your argument about those.

Thats only half of what Sony has to show. They are saving the other half of the conference for E3, in which we'll most likely see more games, the pricing, model of the PS4.

theprof00 said:
You better hope that WiiU starts to earn its keep (as I do, now that I own one) because this shit is going to get thrown back in your face.

QFT

theprof00 said:

The lack of third party support is going to hurt the Wii U after this year. Reggie is kicking himself right now. They got everyone hyped for COD, but after this year they are most definitely cut off. Nintendo once again couldn't work with developers to secure games for their console. They have to force developers to work with them. At least Sony realized the error of this when they changed the development style of their console to be more dev friendly. Tsk, tsk, Nintendo....tsk tsk.

well I bought a WiiU for Nintendo first party primarily, and I do expect them to be able to show devs how it's done, and I expect WiifitU to be a good...err fit, but there is definitely a problem at Nintendo right now.

PS: I won't be one of the people to talk shit, because I understand the rule of shit-talking. I will continue to say, as I have, that I believe wiiU to eventually be one of the best traditional core systems ever made.

Recycled..., condoms aren't meant to be. It'll only snatch a few. 4/10