By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft must have really treated Bungie like crap

Horrorfest said:
crissindahouse said:
Horrorfest said:
Dmick90 said:
It has nothing to do with the way Microsoft treated them. Bungie wanted to be 3rd party so they could grow as a company and try new things. Activision convinced them to release for both platforms so the game could be as big as it could possibly be. It's about money now. The more money the merrier.

To all you who think this is about Microsoft google up Bungie and their time in Microsoft. Bungie developers said themselves they hated working for them. This has everything to do with microsoft.

many developers work now for 343i. it's just like always, you have some who don't like to work for someone and some who like it. if you ask in your company i would bet there is not everyone in love with that company^^

Of course some of them well stick around with Microsoft because they know Halo is a big time franchise and I'm sure some of them didn't want to move on from the franchise they created but you're all missing the point. The sentiment with Bungie in general is they did not like how Microsoft treated them. It's pretty funny some of you act like I'm trying to take a shot at Microsoft or something. I'm not here trying to rub in anything either. Didn't I say it's harsh to all of their Halo fans but I get why they are doing it?

What's so harsh?

Destiny is coming to Both Xbox 360 and NextBox as well as PS4. It's a  multiplatform trilogy each with a three big addon pack in between releases. Nobody said those packs are exclusive or that all DLC is exclusive to PS4. All that was said is that the PS4 is getting some exclusive content. That doesn't mean all DLC content is exclusive to PS4 or that Xbox and Nextbox won't have thier own exclusive content.

Sony probably bought some costume packs and some weapons skins or something minor like that. Maybe Bungie made the same deal with MS for the Nextbox. We don't know. It's not uncommon for games to have "exclusive" content for preorders at different retailers and I don't see this as being any different.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
after halo 3 bungie wanted to make a new IP but M$ still wanted them to make halo

Give me proof instead of making stuff up.

Horrorfest said:
crissindahouse said:
Horrorfest said:
Dmick90 said:
It has nothing to do with the way Microsoft treated them. Bungie wanted to be 3rd party so they could grow as a company and try new things. Activision convinced them to release for both platforms so the game could be as big as it could possibly be. It's about money now. The more money the merrier.

To all you who think this is about Microsoft google up Bungie and their time in Microsoft. Bungie developers said themselves they hated working for them. This has everything to do with microsoft.

many developers work now for 343i. it's just like always, you have some who don't like to work for someone and some who like it. if you ask in your company i would bet there is not everyone in love with that company^^

Of course some of them well stick around with Microsoft because they know Halo is a big time franchise and I'm sure some of them didn't want to move on from the franchise they created but you're all missing the point. The sentiment with Bungie in general is they did not like how Microsoft treated them. It's pretty funny some of you act like I'm trying to take a shot at Microsoft or something. I'm not here trying to rub in anything either. Didn't I say it's harsh to all of their Halo fans but I get why they are doing it?

Was Rockstar pissed at Sony when they released GTA 4 as a timed exclusive on Xbox 360? Ubisoft for Assassins Creed? How about Konami when they went multiplatform for Metal Gear Solid? Namco for Ridge Racer? Square for Final Fantaasy  Do you get it? These companies want their games to sell and sell big. I fhtye have to make their games multiplat to do that, they will.

Horrorfest said:

I've heard it from Bungie before how they hated being limited to only making one franchise and how microsoft rejected their ideas and basically treated them like slaves. I'm pretty sure Sony must have given up a bit of cash for this but I think this is really Bungie getting back at Microsoft for how they treated them. I'm a PlayStation guy and I don't blame Bungie for this but I must say its kinda harsh to their Halo fans. Like I said though Microsoft must have really pissed them off.

You mean like Ninja Theory when they abandoned Sony and the Heavenly Sword IP.

I thought we all knew that MS was the devil?

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
animegaming said:
after halo 3 bungie wanted to make a new IP but M$ still wanted them to make halo

Give me proof instead of mking stuff up.

It was rumored after Halo 2 that Bungie didn't want to make another Halo after the second one but Microsoft wanted a game for the 360. Which "explained" the abrupt ended to Halo 2. The Wikipedia article on Halo 3 even made reference to fact that most of Halo 3 was stuff that was orginally made to be add on for Halo 2.  It is mostly rumor around that time and old rumors are really hard to reference and find online.

Ssliasil said:
we gave up Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid...Fair trade.

Gotta love how Sony fans still consider both of these series "theirs"... as if they both started on Sony consoles.

And so far nothing's been officially announced regarding the next Metal Gear game... it could still end up exclusively on PS3/4.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

007BondAgent said:
i don't think Microsoft is as bad as they are made up to be, so this deal was just sony trying to find the next call of duty

What? Sony was always going to get destiny. They just decided to announce it live for the PS4. Microsoft paid off Activision to get the game first though. Its sad really, because Microsoft does not allow for timed exclusives to come on the Xbox 360. All games that are multiplatform must come to them first. They are hypocrites to the tenth degree.

animegaming said:

And so they left M$ so that they could venture out on their own to make.... Halo

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NintendoPie said:
I thought we all knew that MS was the devil?

i would love to work for microsoft if i would have to choose between some companies, they often get a lot of praise as employee friendly company if i'm not wrong.