By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft must have really treated Bungie like crap

I've heard it from Bungie before how they hated being limited to only making one franchise and how microsoft rejected their ideas and basically treated them like slaves. I'm pretty sure Sony must have given up a bit of cash for this but I think this is really Bungie getting back at Microsoft for how they treated them. I'm a PlayStation guy and I don't blame Bungie for this but I must say its kinda harsh to their Halo fans. Like I said though Microsoft must have really pissed them off.

Around the Network

i don't think Microsoft is as bad as they are made up to be, so this deal was just sony trying to find the next call of duty

Yeah this is what I think too, this seems like Bungie's way of snubbing MS a little bit more.

You look at what MS did to Rareware as well ... maybe they're just not that pleasant to work under.

It's not Microsoft's fault that Bungie made Halo such a valuable franchise.

Using Bungie to develop a new franchise was too risky.

What is this even about? Bungie is 3rd party now. So they can be and do what they want. This has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Around the Network

Yeah lets speculate some more on things we have no clue about...

Arent Activision the ones that are calling the shots?

It has nothing to do with the way Microsoft treated them. Bungie wanted to be 3rd party so they could grow as a company and try new things. Activision convinced them to release for both platforms so the game could be as big as it could possibly be. It's about money now. The more money the merrier.

The exclusive content might not even be significant. We have to wait til E3.

Did they say what the exclusive content was?

Until I hear what that content is, i wouldn't really worry. I have a feeling Bungie is trying to make this game as huge as possible, and I doubt they woudl want to piss off any one group with content that one doesn't get that is amazing.

So i'm expecting some bs content that is more like a costume than being some exclusive expansion or something.