By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft must have really treated Bungie like crap

MaulerX said:
Horrorfest said:

I've heard it from Bungie before how they hated being limited to only making one franchise and how microsoft rejected their ideas and basically treated them like slaves. I'm pretty sure Sony must have given up a bit of cash for this but I think this is really Bungie getting back at Microsoft for how they treated them. I'm a PlayStation guy and I don't blame Bungie for this but I must say its kinda harsh to their Halo fans. Like I said though Microsoft must have really pissed them off.

And the irony is that they've commited to making one franchise (Destiny) for the next ten years.

Because they still want a franchise but they never said they won't make anything else I'm pretty sure they will know that they can do what they want.

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:
Dmick90 said:
It has nothing to do with the way Microsoft treated them. Bungie wanted to be 3rd party so they could grow as a company and try new things. Activision convinced them to release for both platforms so the game could be as big as it could possibly be. It's about money now. The more money the merrier.

To all you who think this is about Microsoft google up Bungie and their time in Microsoft. Bungie developers said themselves they hated working for them. This has everything to do with microsoft.

many of them work now for 343i. it's just like always, you have some who don't like to work for someone and some who like it. if you ask in your company i would bet there is not everyone in love with that company^^

Horrorfest said:

I've heard it from Bungie before how they hated being limited to only making one franchise and how microsoft rejected their ideas and basically treated them like slaves. I'm pretty sure Sony must have given up a bit of cash for this but I think this is really Bungie getting back at Microsoft for how they treated them. I'm a PlayStation guy and I don't blame Bungie for this but I must say its kinda harsh to their Halo fans. Like I said though Microsoft must have really pissed them off.

They did?  Then why was their first game as an independent developer (aka a slave to Activision) World Of Halo Destiny?

And you make it sound as if Sony stole this game from M$ when it was announced as a multiplatform game from day 1.  Here's 2 cents... go buy a clue.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
It's not Microsoft's fault that Bungie made Halo such a valuable franchise.

Using Bungie to develop a new franchise was too risky.

People can get enslaved and typecast by their own success.  

NightDragon83 said:
Horrorfest said:

They did?  Then why was their first game as an independent developer (aka a slave to Activision) World Of Halo Destiny?

And you make it sound as if Sony stole this game from M$ when it was announced as a multiplatform game from day 1.  Here's 2 cents... go buy a clue.

Don't forget that Destiny is coming to Both Xbox 360 and NextBox as well as PS4. It'sa  multiplatform trilogy each with a big addon pack in between releases. Nobody said those packs are exclusive or that all DLC is exclusive to PS4. All that was said is that the PS4 is getting some exclusive content. That doesn't mean all DLC content is exclusive to PS4 or that Xbox and Nextbox won't have thier own exclusive content.

Around the Network

I don't care at all Bungie went multi plat.

I will say as a long time Bungie supporter though that this is a giant middle finger to the gamers that built that company. If it wouldnt have been for the millions of people on Xbox buying Halo Bungie woukd be nothing.

Going multi plat is fine. Screwing the community that built you isn't.

crissindahouse said:
Horrorfest said:
Dmick90 said:
It has nothing to do with the way Microsoft treated them. Bungie wanted to be 3rd party so they could grow as a company and try new things. Activision convinced them to release for both platforms so the game could be as big as it could possibly be. It's about money now. The more money the merrier.

To all you who think this is about Microsoft google up Bungie and their time in Microsoft. Bungie developers said themselves they hated working for them. This has everything to do with microsoft.

many developers work now for 343i. it's just like always, you have some who don't like to work for someone and some who like it. if you ask in your company i would bet there is not everyone in love with that company^^

Of course some of them well stick around with Microsoft because they know Halo is a big time franchise and I'm sure some of them didn't want to move on from the franchise they created but you're all missing the point. The sentiment with Bungie in general is they did not like how Microsoft treated them. It's pretty funny some of you act like I'm trying to take a shot at Microsoft or something. I'm not here trying to rub in anything either. Didn't I say it's harsh to all of their Halo fans but I get why they are doing it?

Bungie doesn't care and neither does MS.

we gave up Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid...Fair trade.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

after halo 3 bungie wanted to make a new IP but M$ still wanted them to make halo