By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft must have really treated Bungie like crap

no if they really pissed them of bungie would be sony 1st party

Play Me

Around the Network

They must have taken a few plays out of Blizzard's playbook because they want to make Destiny an MMO like World of Warcraft with expansions every other year.

There is no reason to believe it has anything to do with Microsoft, not unless there is proof otherwise. Microsoft can't offer enough money to make up for ignoring half the market. It's economics, not to mention a desire for more creative freedom.

Though it is probably true that Microsoft didn't offer them the kind of freedom WWS offers their developers, where they basically get to pick their next projects.

Talal said:
The exclusive content might not even be significant. We have to wait til E3.

I wouldn't be surprised if each console had exclusive content either.

MB1025 said:
Talal said:

Yea i'm expecting just some coating like a fighting game has say Link for Soul Caliber, Krotos for Sony, Master Chief for microsfot.

Something BS like that.  You know a costume or a pet or a unique vehicle or something that is purely aesthetics.  

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
Talal said:

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting too.

If anything THEY paid Sony to put it on the PS4

PLAYSTATION, THE FUTURE OF GAMING
B.E.L.I.E.V.E

Horrorfest said:

I've heard it from Bungie before how they hated being limited to only making one franchise and how microsoft rejected their ideas and basically treated them like slaves. I'm pretty sure Sony must have given up a bit of cash for this but I think this is really Bungie getting back at Microsoft for how they treated them. I'm a PlayStation guy and I don't blame Bungie for this but I must say its kinda harsh to their Halo fans. Like I said though Microsoft must have really pissed them off.

And the irony is that they've commited to making one franchise (Destiny) for the next ten years.

Dmick90 said:
It has nothing to do with the way Microsoft treated them. Bungie wanted to be 3rd party so they could grow as a company and try new things. Activision convinced them to release for both platforms so the game could be as big as it could possibly be. It's about money now. The more money the merrier.

To all you who think this is about Microsoft google up Bungie and their time in Microsoft. Bungie developers said themselves they hated working for them. This has everything to do with microsoft.

BHR-3 said:
no if they really pissed them of bungie would be sony 1st party

Bungie isn't stupid. They aren't going to let their personal feelings take away from making money. Not to mention I doubt they want to be owned by anyone after their experience with microsoft.