By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft must have really treated Bungie like crap

You still aren't even reading. I think it's obvious why. I'm guessing some of you haven't read about Bungie's time at Microsoft. I suggest you google it for research. I think the writing is on the wall and Bungie has been vocal about their displeasure of working for Microsoft.

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:
You still aren't even reading. I think it's obvious why. I'm guessing some of you haven't read about Bungie's time at Microsoft. I suggest you google it for research. I think the writing is on the wall and Bungie has been vocal about their displeasure of working for Microsoft.

Then post a link before you start making claims its that simple.

NightDragon83 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NightDragon83 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
007BondAgent said:
i don't think Microsoft is as bad as they are made up to be, so this deal was just sony trying to find the next call of duty

What? Sony was always going to get destiny. They just decided to announce it live for the PS4. Microsoft paid off Activision to get the game first though. Its sad really, because Microsoft does not allow for timed exclusives to come on the Xbox 360. All games that are multiplatform must come to them first. They are hypocrites to the tenth degree.

No, they're good businessmen, 'tis all.  Funny how we didn't hear a peep from the Sony crowd when the biggest game of last gen, GTAIII, was a PS2 exclusive for two years after $ony signed an agreement with Take Two. (the original deal was to keep GTA exclusive through 2004, so effectively all 3 GTA games would've been released as PS2-exclusives.)

Does Sony have a policy against timed exclusives coming to them late? No. They just stated that they expect extra content in late ports. Microsoft are hypocrites, they will refuse the game if they dont get multiplats at the same time. 

So?  That doesn't make them hypocrites.  It's their console, they have every right to stipulate the rules for putting software on it.  Hell, Nintendo was notorious for using the same type of tactics back during the NES days... their policy was that you could not develop games for other consoles AT ALL if you wanted to make games for the NES, and you could only make 5 games per year for the console if you were a 3rd party, which led to many companies like Konami creating alias brands like "Ultra Games" to get around Nintendo's contract stipulations.

Actually...that does make them hypocrites. Doing something and expecting the competition not to be able to do the same thing is hypocrisy. Microsoft better get all of the multiplat titles on time with no timed exclusivity on other consoles because Xbox gamers will suffer from Microsofts intolerance of the very rules they break with timed exclusivity themselves. They just wont accept games if they come late to their console. They can do it but no one else can. At least Sony doesnt bitch like them.

Does not matter to me Destiny looks 100x better than Halo.

apparently Bungie saw that all they would do with MS was Halo, so they went independent, and now they call the shots. and as i've heard, they own the rights to Destiny

Around the Network

half of the staff joined MS after they split up?!
You don't join the company that treats you that bad.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

If they treat bungie like crap bungie should become another IW and there will be no 343i and Destiny will develop by a new studio with fromer Bungie staff.
But they don't,they let them go

DirtyP2002 said:
half of the staff joined MS after they split up?!
You don't join the company that treats you that bad.

No point reasoning in a thread like this

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
It's not Microsoft's fault that Bungie made Halo such a valuable franchise.

Using Bungie to develop a new franchise was too risky.

True. BTW Bungie always stated MS treated them well, particularly about the conditions that set them free. But obviously they wanted to explore new ideas too, they have a talent way above average and they proved many times they can use it in many different franchises and genres. We can see how immense they are comparing Myth I and II, made by them, with Myth III, made by others and utter crap.
So yes, there are mostly reasons on both sides and I'd say very few wrongs on both sides too. Their roads simply split.
MS has behaved far worse in its history, even with its own employees, when that greedy lard ball cut benefits to some of the most productive employees in the world to gather another billion, but surely not towards Bungie, and about being bastards with the devs I think nobody can beat Activision and that Skrotick thug. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!