By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 9th February 2013 (Global Software added)

I think the PSV bar on the mainpage is broken. Isn't it sitting at 4,1 million units for over a month now?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Pre order chartz on VGChartz ain't worth shit confirmed.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Chandler said:
I think the PSV bar on the mainpage is broken. Isn't it sitting at 4,1 million units for over a month now?

For it to go up, you need to increase your sales by 100k at least. It's selling below 25k a week, so it would take 5 weeks for the little bar to increase by 0.1.

Depressing. Also, the Wii U is just keeping ahead of the "dead" group whilst maintaining it's gap to the "live" group. It's sort of nowhere currently.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I'm not certain why the 3DS was adjusted down quite so much. The numbers, if anything, suggested it needed to be adjusted up!

I suppose you didn't see the latest in the NPD thread for Jan.  3DS sold just under 150K.  Which means it only did ~20K-30K more than the Wii in the US.

@ OP

Look like the PS3 has a few more weeks (maybe months with all the exclusive releasing) to go before it drops below 100K.  Well, unless Sony drops the price on the 20th.  Then it probably won't drop below 100K for quite some time.

morenoingrato said:
Yeah, yeah, WiiU and Vita are doing badly, old news.

What's wrong with 3DS? :O

It's selling ABYSMALLY on the West and it's no WiiU or Vita, the line-up is fantastic. Then you wonder why Japan gets all the nice thing. :-/

What did it get in the last two months? Literally nothing, Paper Mario can't sell forever, 3DS needs new games and they're coming luckily, but from March. 2013 should be the best year for the console saleswise, finally Nintendo understood you cannot expect to sell well with just 2-3 good games every quarter, and in Japan sales will explode with MH4 and Pokemon X/Y.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Chandler said:

For it to go up, you need to increase your sales by 100k at least. It's selling below 25k a week, so it would take 5 weeks for the little bar to increase by 0.1.

But nice fw for fire emblem despite the major NoA fuck up. 250k including digital?

Mario Kart Wii is still charting. If Nintendo can deliver a good game, Mario kart will turn the Wii U around. That is officially my "wait for..." card that I earned for keeping quiet about the vita until it had it's second christmas^^   Wait for Mario Kart U (I hope it's Nintendo Kart)

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Panama said:
When was the last official PS3 and 360 price cut? They're doing rather well this late into the gen.

360 has been years but they're still under PS3 by virtue of the 4gb model.  PS3 had one in September (?) of 2011.  So neither has had one in over a year.  PS3 needs to get under $200 for its last significant boost.

OT:  Dissappointing numbers for Sly considering the apparent pre-orders and the fact that it's already $40.  I would encourage anyone who enjoys 3d platformers to buy it I mean it's a bit safe, but probably my favorite in the franchise even above Sly 2 and makes you feel like a kid again.  That game deserves at least a million sales as well as NiNoKuni.  Although ONCE AGAIN Sony refused to ADVERTISE their effing games.  MS will shove Gears down our throats and people will buy the 4th game of the gen but Sony doesn't bother to mention that a series that hasn't had a game in 7 years is coming out just like they didn't mention the new Twisted Metal.  It's so frustrating when I'm playing a game and someone on my friends list texts me that they didn't even know a new Sly or Twisted Metal was coming out.  Just a 15 second add teaser would get people interested Sony but they don't even know the games exist!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

phinch1 said:
I still think the gap is smaller than 1.5 million, oh well it will pass 3-4 months after the price drop

Actual data is tough to acquire. However by the end of Q3, we can expect a smaller gap.

Conegamer said:
Chandler said:

Depressing. Also, the Wii U is just keeping ahead of the "dead" group whilst maintaining it's gap to the "live" group. It's sort of nowhere currently.

And, if my memory serves me right, it was adjusted down on the past, as it was over 4 million.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

morenoingrato said:
Yeah, yeah, WiiU and Vita are doing badly, old news.

What's wrong with 3DS? :O

It's selling ABYSMALLY on the West and it's no WiiU or Vita, the line-up is fantastic. Then you wonder why Japan gets all the nice thing. :-/

The 3DS isn't doing well in the West because no games other than fire emblem have come out for it yet. Should pick up when Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing come out. They also have to release more colors of the XL, that's why I haven't gotten one yet.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)