By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 9th February 2013 (Global Software added)

Japan making 3DS totals look good.

Vita outselling Wii U in Europe again.

PS3 steady strong.

Around the Network

Is there a bundle PS3 12Go + Move for 200$ or a PS3 12Go alone for 200$ in US like in Europe ?

Plus, this bundle is refunded by 50€.

Mnementh said:
Conegamer said:
Chandler said:
I think the PSV bar on the mainpage is broken. Isn't it sitting at 4,1 million units for over a month now?

For it to go up, you need to increase your sales by 100k at least. It's selling below 25k a week, so it would take 5 weeks for the little bar to increase by 0.1.

Depressing. Also, the Wii U is just keeping ahead of the "dead" group whilst maintaining it's gap to the "live" group. It's sort of nowhere currently.

And, if my memory serves me right, it was adjusted down on the past, as it was over 4 million.

Tends to get adjusted down a lot. No matter how bad we say the Vita is doing on this site, it always manages to be slightly worse than we thought...it's quite depressing really.

Also, this is my 10,000th post, so...party?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

platformmaster918 said:
Panama said:
When was the last official PS3 and 360 price cut? They're doing rather well this late into the gen.

360 has been years but they're still under PS3 by virtue of the 4gb model.  PS3 had one in September (?) of 2011.  So neither has had one in over a year.  PS3 needs to get under $200 for its last significant boost.

OT:  Dissappointing numbers for Sly considering the apparent pre-orders and the fact that it's already $40.  I would encourage anyone who enjoys 3d platformers to buy it I mean it's a bit safe, but probably my favorite in the franchise even above Sly 2 and makes you feel like a kid again.  That game deserves at least a million sales as well as NiNoKuni.  Although ONCE AGAIN Sony refused to ADVERTISE their effing games.  MS will shove Gears down our throats and people will buy the 4th game of the gen but Sony doesn't bother to mention that a series that hasn't had a game in 7 years is coming out just like they didn't mention the new Twisted Metal.  It's so frustrating when I'm playing a game and someone on my friends list texts me that they didn't even know a new Sly or Twisted Metal was coming out.  Just a 15 second add teaser would get people interested Sony but they don't even know the games exist!

Problem with this bit here is that Microsoft arent even properly advertising Gears of War: Judgment.

Conegamer said:
Mnementh said:
Conegamer said:
Chandler said:
I think the PSV bar on the mainpage is broken. Isn't it sitting at 4,1 million units for over a month now?

For it to go up, you need to increase your sales by 100k at least. It's selling below 25k a week, so it would take 5 weeks for the little bar to increase by 0.1.

Depressing. Also, the Wii U is just keeping ahead of the "dead" group whilst maintaining it's gap to the "live" group. It's sort of nowhere currently.

And, if my memory serves me right, it was adjusted down on the past, as it was over 4 million.

Tends to get adjusted down a lot. No matter how bad we say the Vita is doing on this site, it always manages to be slightly worse than we thought...it's quite depressing really.

Also, this is my 10,000th post, so...party?

Wow 10k!!!! Congratz man. Here's to 10000 more ;)

Around the Network

And, as expected, they took an axe to pretty much all their Wii U numbers from the start of January after the NPD results came out--after inflating them just a few weeks ago (most likely to match other analysts' higher numbers).

I'm going to be watching those Dead Space numbers closely. They say it needs 5 million total...judging by how the last two games in the series sold, I doubt it.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

ArmGunar said:

Is there a bundle PS3 12Go + Move for 200$ or a PS3 12Go alone for 200$ in US like in Europe ?

No.  The cheapest SKU in the US is $269, which comes with Uncharted 3.  The cheapest Move bundle is $299.  So, sales should get a nice boost once they drop the standalone SKU to $199 and the Move bundle to $249.

thismeintiel said:
ArmGunar said:

No.  The cheapest SKU in the US is $269, which comes with Uncharted 3.  The cheapest Move bundle is $299.  So, sales should get a nice boost once they drop the standalone SKU to $199 and the Move bundle to $249.

Oh ok, that's expensive compared to Europe ^^

ArmGunar said:
thismeintiel said:
ArmGunar said:

Oh ok, that's expensive compared to Europe ^^

It seems like it, but you have to remember that every Euro is worth 1,33 Dollars, at this moment.

Good numbers for Ps360.

I mean new Consoles are coming so these numbers are good.

80m this year is possible for both.