By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 9th February 2013 (Global Software added)

Mnementh said:
Looks like the WiiU got adjusted down by 20K in the US or more. Probably the NPD-data. Upside is, we can celebrate now 1 million WiiU in US - again.

If he ever gets around to adjusting the 2012 numbers you'll get to celebrate it another time.  The Wii U is still overtracked by ~48k last year in the US.  So maybe some time in March.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Galaki said:
Why is PSV at 12.6%? Display error?

What should it be at?

'cause it's not supposed to go any lower. It can't go any lower.

pezus said:
Buzzi said:
morenoingrato said:
Yeah, yeah, WiiU and Vita are doing badly, old news.

What's wrong with 3DS? :O

It's selling ABYSMALLY on the West and it's no WiiU or Vita, the line-up is fantastic. Then you wonder why Japan gets all the nice thing. :-/

What did it get in the last two months? Literally nothing, Paper Mario can't sell forever, 3DS needs new games and they're coming luckily, but from March. 2013 should be the best year for the console saleswise, finally Nintendo understood you cannot expect to sell well with just 2-3 good games every quarter, and in Japan sales will explode with MH4 and Pokemon X/Y.

It just got Fire Emblem this week though. 

Indeed, a decrease in sales with a 150+k game released (+124% SW!) seems strange, especially with such a low userbase to start with, either the SW sales are overtracked or the 3DS HW sales for this week are higher than estimated. The whole topic is the same though, few game released equals few consoles sold, the reason why 3DS has posted good numbers both the past years is that Nintendo pushed the consoles artificially (price-cut and XL) but not naturally, like they did in Japan, with the help of TPs.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
Ni no Kuni big drop as expected. Rest no surprises.

12k drop. Is that big?

Oh, it's already the 3rd week in US so the falling already happened - my fault. Curious how Europe will behave in 2nd week. I doubt it will get 1m sold. Bad sign for jrpgs.

gigantor21 said:

I'm going to be watching those Dead Space numbers closely. They say it needs 5 million total...judging by how the last two games in the series sold, I doubt it.

They need 5 million for what? To make profit?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Wii U/Vita aligned launch comparison

US week 12
Wii U: 8,795
Vita: 13,154

Europe week 11
Wii U: 8,013
Vita: 18,875

Japan week 10
Wii U: 11,652
Vita: 11,510

Total
Wii U: 28,460
Vita: 43,539

Wii U manages to scrape by this week in Japan, but the Vita is 53% higher across the three regions.

Argh_College said:
Good numbers for Ps360.

I mean new Consoles are coming so these numbers are good.

80m this year is possible for both.

It will happen, no doubts about it.

Mnementh said:
gigantor21 said:

I'm going to be watching those Dead Space numbers closely. They say it needs 5 million total...judging by how the last two games in the series sold, I doubt it.

They need 5 million for what? To make profit?

EA said outright that they aren't going to invest anymore into the franchise if it doesn't hit those numbers.

Apparently, the 2-3 million that the last two games each got isn't good enough for them. I don't play Dead Space, but I find that disturbing.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

pezus said:
DarkFury said:
Wii hardware is selling more than WiiU... It really beggars belief. Sony and MS have to avoid that fate with PS4/720.

It's actually selling 10k less than WiiU. 

PS3/360 will be much harder competition for PS4/720 than Wii was and is for WiiU though. While Wii was practically already dead before WiiU came out, PS360 will still be pushing decent numbers. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see PS360 outselling the next gen consoles some weeks after launch.

I'd say at least for most of the first year will the PS3 be outselling the PS4, and similar for 360/720. 

The second year the next-gen systems will be picking up steam and the current gen ones will have lost pretty much all of it, so I'd be surprised if the next-gen systems are outsold by their predesccessors in the second year.

Whether they'll be selling around the Wii U level, remains to be seen, but I doubt they'll be much higher.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Did 3ds get adjusted down the last few weeks? I dont remember the NA/Europe sales being that low

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.