By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked Pic Of PS4 Controller (Dev Kit) ??

Looks pretty much like what I would expect from a devkit controller from it's rough looks and it confirms the rumors so far. Anyways... is that start and select next to the touchpad, near to the top? I hope so... anywhere else and they'd look weird.

Here is the X360 prototype controller so you guys can compare:

Around the Network

It does seem legit. The mic in the controller would be a very smart idea and would expand their online community

It may have to be "clunky" looking because of the light strip at the top of the controller for the PS Eye to be able to pick up the controller. Though it appears the "break apart" rumors were false.

Sony should use the clear d-pad/buttons look of the Vita/PSP, it looks so much classier, but otherwise this looks functional if a bit ugly. As long as its comfy who cares I guess.

Looks like a third party controller. Don't really want. :-/

pezus said:
Soundwave said:
It may have to be "clunky" looking because of the light strip at the top of the controller for the PS Eye to be able to pick up the controller. Though it appears the "break apart" rumors were false.

Oooh, so now they've replaced Move with the real controller. Good idea imo.

Pretty sure there will still be a seperate Move controller as well, that whole idea doesn't work unless the controller is a wand shape.

Around the Network

It's mundane enough to be real.

Do NOT want those analog sticks.

Soundwave said:

Destructoid has this image of what appears to be the PS4 controller attached to a dev kit:

http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-hell-is-this-the-new-playstation-controller--244985.phtml

Could be fake, but it looks legit to me. Looks like a speaker/mic (?) there too underneath the touch pad area. Looks like the shape has been altered quite a bit actually (which I like).

the controller is sitting there screaming "WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING ANYMORE!" , you can seriously hear the agony.

pokoko said:
Marucha said:

I miss PSX grey :( Even Xbox played around with their color scheme. Playstation should just get away from the boring asphalt black... it looks too serial (serious)

While I liked the PSX gray just fine, I like black much better for components.  My TV is black, my shelf is black, and everything else on it is black.  It just fits in with modern equipment.  I wouldn't mind more color on top of the black, though.

See that'd be fine, or even a glass look in some parts with lights? Annnnything but that boring asphalt black. Even different tint of black like charcoal-ish? (which is almost blue...) What's that song? Paint it black.

What I want to know is . . . how they got the controller to stand up like that . . . o_0