By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked Pic Of PS4 Controller (Dev Kit) ??

Soundwave said:

Destructoid has this image of what appears to be the PS4 controller attached to a dev kit:

http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-hell-is-this-the-new-playstation-controller--244985.phtml

Could be fake, but it looks legit to me. Looks like a speaker/mic (?) there too underneath the touch pad area. Looks like the shape has been altered quite a bit actually (which I like).

It could be fake, but it looks very real to me!!

I wonder what you can do with the screen. Maybe you can see a lot of things on it that are now exclusive to the XMB, like time, battery info, PSN status and other things :)

Edit: Are those speaker holes you see above the PS button?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
DanneSandin said:
I wonder how they will use that touchpad...

Probably mostly for menu/web style browsing. I guess it could have game applications too.

What, like scrolling or something?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I like that d-pad pretty similar to the vita, looks like a thicker design and maybe a bit longer, analog sticks are a bit eh. IF that was the actual design I;d be pretty happy with that.

hmmm... I don't know.. I wouldn't bang a fat chick... not to mention an ugly one... I don't like it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Seems legit. The speaker is good, and absolutely necessary. After playing with the WiiU pad, the speakers are the best part. It really adds to emersion. Breaks the 4th wall. Having Alfred talk to you in Batman is super cool and adds a "next-gen" experience. Sony is smart if this is the design.

Around the Network

Looks like they simply got rid of L1 and R1 and kept the triggers.
Also, notice there is a small button just to the top left of the screen. (On/Off maybe for the screen)

I wish they'd off set the sticks like every other modern controller but at least they are farther apart now.

And I hope nothing important ever comes from the touch screen. I can't imagine those things surviving very many drops.

Not too sure on those new analogue sticks. Generally, however, looks pretty good.

Eep. The 20th can't come soon enough.

Marucha said:

I miss PSX grey :( Even Xbox played around with their color scheme. Playstation should just get away from the boring asphalt black... it looks too serial (serious)

While I liked the PSX gray just fine, I like black much better for components.  My TV is black, my shelf is black, and everything else on it is black.  It just fits in with modern equipment.  I wouldn't mind more color on top of the black, though.

Hopefully the retail version is a little less clunky looking

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype