By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which Developed Country are you Glad you don't live in? (Round 3)

Which Developed Country are you Glad you Don't live in

France/Italy 4 6.45%

Poland/Ukraine 8 12.90%

Russia 11 17.74%

South Korea/Japan 1 1.61%

Spain/Portugal 4 6.45%

United Kingdom 3 4.84%

USA 16 25.81%

Different Country in Eastern Europe 1 1.61%

Different Country in Former British Empire 0 0%

See Results 14 22.58%

Total:62
snyps said:
How dare you lump the USA together with the UK.. I'll never forgive those Limey bastards at the bank of england

I'm sorry.

It just made more sense then lumping UK with Canada and Northern Europe. I should have made a UK/Australia option...

Wait lol, I just realized people who like UK hate USA and vice versa.

snyps said:
Jumpin said:
The US, Brazil, or Thailand due to all of crazy gun people, violence, and murder in those countries.

This is why I love it in the USA.  Everyone is scaredy of our freedom to defend ourselves.

It's scary that you need to. I've been to USA enough times to see people view guns as "not a big deal", but it's still pretty unusual from the perspective of aliens. I mean when I want to Dallas, I froze when I saw a redneck at Wal-Mark with a pistol in his belt. I know he wouldn't shoot me if I bumped into him, but I dunno, it's not welcoming. I strongly prefer larger cities, specifically the more civilized ones, like Miami, and Manhattan. I never seen a gun once in either of those cities, and I have family in Manhattan.

Also Americans, especially the southern ones, aren't as welcoming towards non-caucasians. If an Asian or Black person bumped into the guy with the gun, it would be a whole different outcome then if I did it. That's not a freedom to protect yourself, that's a freedom to segregate yourselves.

NiKKoM said:
UK.. 99% rain... and 99% ugly women which I blame on the lack of sunshine... don't know how you guys are surviving there..

Dammit, I'd call you out, but I've been to Netherlands before and.....hot damn. One more benefit of various countries in Europe.

USA is kinda like UK in this regard, and it really sucks in Canada because their culture kinda rubs off on us. We're nowhere nearly as bad as them, but Canada has no domestic beauty (not like netherlands where 9/10 hot girls are caucasian with blond or light brown hair), and no standard of beauty, since beauty within different cultures is something else. So you have to be open minded, but then again there are a lot of hot Italians and Asians where I live.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I don't know who USA is comparable to.  We have the best constitution in the world and the dumbest federally indoctrinated need machines in the world.  But no way you can compare us to Canada, UK, or Austrailia. Give it a few years.  When these federalists make take our teeth and claws.

uk

USA is so dang massive that I am glad I do not live in parts of US, and have been glad that I live in the good parts.

Your definition of "developed country" is somewhat different from the norm. What is your source?

According to the IMF and based on the HDI half your "developed countries" don't make the list.

I would live anywhere I am comfortable so any developed democracy will do.

Based on you list I won't live in Asia ( excluding S.Korea and Japan) or South and Central America excluding Costa Rica and a nice part of Brasil.

Around the Network

USA/UK/(~Itally~)/France/Spain, would include NL, but unfortunately I've lived there.

What shitholes. And yes, I'm being serious.

China.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I was going to pick US, but it's bundled with UK for some reason. So Eastern Europe, which isn't all that developed...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Player1x3 said:
Faxanadu said:
Any Asian country for the racism against whites - be it positive or negative, you will never belong.

there's positive racism for whites?

Yes, people that behave favourable toward you just because you are white. That implies also that they see you as different.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Spain, and I'm from Spain. At least in the other countries there is a chance you might get a job... I don't know if I'd call Spain developed though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.