By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which Developed Country are you Glad you don't live in? (Round 3)

Which Developed Country are you Glad you Don't live in

France/Italy 4 6.45%

Poland/Ukraine 8 12.90%

Russia 11 17.74%

South Korea/Japan 1 1.61%

Spain/Portugal 4 6.45%

United Kingdom 3 4.84%

USA 16 25.81%

Different Country in Eastern Europe 1 1.61%

Different Country in Former British Empire 0 0%

See Results 14 22.58%

Total:62
Chandler said:
Poll is missing Australia. Spiders, snakes and expensive games. That would be hell for me.

That would be horrible. Even the spiders in the UK make me want to leave the bloody country.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

Now, most of us haven't been to every developed country there is, but judgning off the stories you hear, the people you know who have travelled, and the places you've been to personally. Where are you glad you don't live, and Why?

This is a limited list, if the place you dispise the most isn't on the list, vote "See Results" and tell me where.

Don't forget to say why you don't want to live there.

I included South America/Tropics despite some countries still technically "developing" because they are in the sister thread (Which Country do you Envy?). Makes more sense there.

I didn't include the Middle East because.....it would obviously win (Sorry guys, but it's been a constant war somewhere there for over 20 years).

See the sister thread - What Country do you Envy?

----

I originaly made a different thread for Round 2, but I didn't get many voters, and most of the votes were USA/China

So I omited China since it's not a developed country, and let's begin round 3!!!

Results of Round 1:

96 - China
88 - USA/UK
63 - See Results/Somewhere Else
30 - South America (Brazil, etc)
21 - Eastern Europe
13 - Italy/France/Spain
11 - South Korea/Japan
10 - Tropics
6 - Germany
5 - Northern Europe/Canada

Results of Round 2:

9 - China (Major Cities)
9 - USA (Southern)
7 - China (Rural)
3 - Russia
2 - USA (East Coast)
1 - Russia
1 - USA (West Coast)

Not many voters when I made a separate thread, so I'm only using this thread from now on. I removed china since it's not technically developed.

Why don't you keep it simple. Why do you need 3 rounds for the same poll? That may be the reason no one is voting, keep it simple.

dsgrue3 said:

Ignoring your comment on Obesity, Obesity is a personal Health problem it doesn't effect the people around them at all.

Not the slightest.....

Obese Girls are Awesome, more cushin for the pushin.

Chance of dying in a plane crash - 1 in 20,000
Homicide Rate in USA is 1 in 20,800
Chance of dying by Flood - 1 in 30,000
Chance of recieving Capital Punishment in USA - 1 in 58,618
Homicide Rate in Canada is 1 in 62,500 (So you're 3 times as likely to die in a place crash then being murdered)
Homicide Rate in UK is 1 in 83,333 (4x as safe)
Odds of being struck by Lightning 1 in 83,930
Homicide Rate in Germany is 1 in 125,000 (6x as safe)
Homicide Rate in Norway is 1 in 1 in 166,666 (8x as safe)
Odds of being killed by an asteroid 1 in 200,000
Homicide Rate in Japan is 1 in 250,000 (12.5x as safe)

http://www.livescience.com/3780-odds-dying.html

There geez, do you really need proof that USA is violent?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Turkish said:

Why don't you keep it simple. Why do you need 3 rounds for the same poll? That may be the reason no one is voting, keep it simple.

I'm limited to 9 options, so I have to bundle countries sometimes. I bundled USA/UK in round 1, that option beat overy other option except China by about 3 times. Maybe I should have just separated USA and UK and made it a vote off between those two, maybe.

No more round though, USA is the clear winner, and you're right after round 1 people stopped comming back.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

Ignored my post entirely

Hey I saw that you completely ignored my post then went off on some tangential argument that I never made. lmfao. Here you go bud, I've repeated the text for you since you missed it. Not sure how, it takes up half the page. Start reading, maybe you'll actually learn not to ramble on with endless assumptions about a topic to which you clearly lack any and all facts or rationale.

dsgrue3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Mindless drivel

Anyway, cancer is a natural cause of death, except for not smoking, and frequent doctor visits, there's not much you can do to prevent it from killing you. Plus Cancer rates are generally uniform throughout the developed countries, where heart disease and stroke are not.

So my point was that only in USA do you get people obese enough where the primary cause of death is obesity, and not natural causes of death (People did not die of heart disease 200 years ago, it's not a natural cause of death, but stroke is, however it's odds are also exponentially increased with poor diet, specifically high salt)

What does that have to do with the country? Well first of all, not only does it show poor regulation on taxes (Tax junk food already!) and low standards of life (It's okay to be obese), but it tells you about the lifestyle of Americans. So would you rather live in Germany, where restaurants serve good, cooked from scratch, food in reasonable portions, or would you rather live in a place which serves 10lb steaks?

- Perhaps you aren't completely inept. This is a very concerning issue in the United States, but again, it's about personal responsibility. Tax junk food, really? Maybe just, you know, don't buy it? Or limit your intake?

I'd prefer to live where my dollar goes the furthest, so a large portion is ideal. Portion size isn't an issue, consumption size is. You know the portions are large - get a "to go" box and enjoy your leftovers at another time.

Low standards of life? Uh, no, it's the exact opposite slick - we have so much money, we can afford to drop hundreds of dollars per week to sustain whatever consumption level we want. Problem is overeating. Again, personal, not country.

It's more then just a personal health responsibility, fat people take up two seats on the subway, forcing you to stand, they smell on hot days, and sometimes you can't leave the room, and usually, when they are obese, they are really really gross. USA having the largest % of obese people, and one of the highest rates of poverty are reasons enough not to want to live in the USA. Why would you want to live in a country where people abuse their body's so much? Plus it raises the question as to why they abuse their body's, is life in USA so depressing where you have to eat 4 burgers a day? 

I don't use the subway, I have my own vehicle as do the majority of all americans. Obese people are repugnant, no doubt. Rate of poverty is silly, I've already informed you why this isn't the full story. I'd rather not have to repeat myself.

Why not live in Europe, where the women are hotter, the food is better, gun violence and homicide rates are significantly reduced and poverty rates are in general, lower?

Subjective, subjective, guns don't concern me. I'm perfectly safe without them. And the UK poverty rate is higher, I've already told you this. Are you deliberately forgetful?

Only a fool would consider USA a bad place to live? Well then I guess the civilized world is full of fools. Most Europeaners, and well anyone outside the USA do not admire USA. It's the worst of the developed nations to live in (As round 1 showed). I think only a stereotypical American would call the civilized world Ignorant.

You are pawning your opinion as the opinion of Europeans. Just hilarious how you attempt to rationalize your incredibly dense opinion, Michael. I've enjoyed tearing you apart with facts - something you neglect.

Ignorance is bliss....... for you, because if anyone has a different view on USA then you (even if it's most people) you immediatly insult them.Just because you don't view obesity and gun violence as cons to living in the USA, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't.

This isn't it at all, you're welcome to your opinion so long as you aren't pawning it as the opinion of others or as fact. Anyone objectively analyzing the US would not consider it a bad place to live. Pretty simply, just as I wouldn't say Canada/UK is a bad place to live. I think they are very comparable to USA. I'm not oblivious to reality as you seem to be.

P.S. You're also wrong about homicide rates being higher then dying in a plane crash.

The odds of dying in a place crash are about 1 in 20,000

Well this is quite hilarious. *Checks for source - sees none (as usual). Once again I'll do your work for you, Michael.

"The annual risk of being killed in a plane crash for the average American is about 1 in 11 million." 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/how-risky-is-flying.html

"Bottom 25 Airlines with the worst accident rates - 1 in 1.7 million

Top 30 airlines with the best accident rates - 1 in 29.4 million"

http://planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm

Not even remotely in the same ballpark as 1 in 20,000. This shows how clueless you are. I hope you're finally seeing a pattern here of you making an outlandish claim and me smacking you down with facts.

And I'm ignorat...

Yep, as show repeatedly over the course of the thread. And you wonder why I've been so condescending. You speak loudly with blissful ignorance, take a deep breath, relax, and do some actual research before mouthing off like a mindless fool.

I've underlined your posts btw.

Around the Network

Think I learned why nobody bothers arguing with Americans.

I pick the Ukraine/ Poland out of those options now, since there are few jobs out there and the Ukraine is known for racist football fans and very corrupt government.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Michael-5 said:

Again. Steroetyping 300 million people. The size of the USA is 3,794,000 sq miles. The size of all of Europe is 3,931,000 sq miles. Do you see where I'm going here?

Stating absolutes about a population of a country this big is ignorant. Each state has their own laws and  culture. You act as if we are all preprogrammed clones.

Quit listening to the propaganda on TV. Negativity sells in the media, and apparently with you as well.

If you would like to have a civil conversation regarding the USA, I would entertain that. But it seems you are stuck in thinking in terms of absolutes.

steelabhold said:
Michael-5 said:

Again. Steroetyping 300 million people. The size of the USA is 3,794,000 sq miles. The size of all of Europe is 3,931,000 sq miles. Do you see where I'm going here?

Stating absolutes about a population of a country this big is ignorant. Each state has their own laws and  culture. You act as if we are all preprogrammed clones.

Quit listening to the propaganda on TV. Negativity sells in the media, and apparently with you as well.

If you would like to have a civil conversation regarding the USA, I would entertain that. But it seems you are stuck in thinking in terms of absolutes.

I don't watch TV, I'm not stereotyping all Americans, and I get this impression by actually travelling to the USA.

However, it doesn't matter, it's rude to call a group of people stupid. So I'll stop

Michael-5 said:
steelabhold said:
Michael-5 said:

I don't watch TV, I'm not stereotyping all Americans, and I get this impression by actually travelling to the USA.

However, it doesn't matter, it's rude to call a group of people stupid. So I'll stop

How cute.

Your underhanded comments will not rile me. Keep trying if you want to.

By your last comment I see there is no point in conversating. I find you as disgusting as the rampant racists that we supposedly have here. It's practically the same thing. Making baseless accuastions and assumptions about a country as a whole.

Good bye.