By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which Developed Country are you Glad you don't live in? (Round 3)

Which Developed Country are you Glad you Don't live in

France/Italy 4 6.45%

Poland/Ukraine 8 12.90%

Russia 11 17.74%

South Korea/Japan 1 1.61%

Spain/Portugal 4 6.45%

United Kingdom 3 4.84%

USA 16 25.81%

Different Country in Eastern Europe 1 1.61%

Different Country in Former British Empire 0 0%

See Results 14 22.58%

Total:62
Player1x3 said:

Troll_Whisperer said:

I don't know if I'd call Spain developed though.

Are you joking ? Go to any eastern european country and then come back to Spain and say that. You don't know what real underdevelopment is.

I have been to underdeveloped countries like Egypt or Nicaragua. Even though it may fair better, Spain is still a joke of a country, which is what I was implying. You don't need to take my words so seriously.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
I'm pretty shocked how high US is. China is the clear choice out of these nations, censorship, pollution, tossing baby girls in the garbage. The list is endless to the brutality of this country.

Yeah especially considering that the US has the highest foreign-born population on earth by far.  Just goes to show the high level of prejudice against the U.S. on this site.  Or perhaps by the rest of the world, i guess.  lol  

Never want to live anywhere in Europe except Switzerland. First, Europe just has crappy weather. Second, I don't want to live around Europeans, they all are the biggest pricks on the internet and when they live in the US, so I'm going to assume they are a bunch of jerks at home. Third, I don't want to be taxed too much. Finally, I don't think I'd fit in at all...

I voted Northern Europe because the weather is the worst, the people are the most annoying and they tax among the top.

I don't really consider China a developed country, so I didn't vote them...obviously they'd be number 1. The first place I'd move to if I had to is Canada, while the weather sounds horrible (never been there), Canadians are nice and I think I'll fit in. Australians are nice too, but they always complain about their internet and gaming related stuff...plus they have giant spiders, so they are after Canada.

KillerMan said:

Well I was thinking that if you fear that you have something serious like cancer it could bankrupt you in US. Just half year ago I donated at GAF for some US user whose mother had cancer and treatment costed tens of thousands of dollars...

It depends on how serious the person's condition is. Like several other healthcare systems.

justinian said:

Your definition of "developed country" is somewhat different from the norm. What is your source?

According to the IMF and based on the HDI half your "developed countries" don't make the list.

I would live anywhere I am comfortable so any developed democracy will do.

Based on you list I won't live in Asia ( excluding S.Korea and Japan) or South and Central America excluding Costa Rica and a nice part of Brasil.

Not half, just South America and the Tropics, but I included them because they were options in my other thread. I should have omitted them and separated USA/UK

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
I'm pretty shocked how high US is. China is the clear choice out of these nations, censorship, pollution, tossing baby girls in the garbage. The list is endless to the brutality of this country.

That's cause you're American, and generally opague to the problems your country has.

I mean China has pollution and USA doesn't? Last I Checked USA was second after China in terms of pollution.

Plus USA has really high homicide rates, rampant racism, a 36% Obesity rate, more then double any other option on this list, excessive debt (700 TRILLION $ bailout) to the poor, Increadable Capitalsm and mega corporations, red-necks who carry guns for "protection", a massive drug problem.....

USA has a higher poverty rate then China.

:-O!

Bet you didn't know that. USA's Poverty Rate is 15.1%, China's is 13.4%.

So if you moved to China, you'd actually be better off IMO.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think we have very different definitions of developed. Developing nations are in transition (China, Brasil, India, etc.) so not really fair to classify them there yet as can be massive divides depending on where in those countries you are.

Of what I consider developed I would say Mediterranean states (Spain, Italy, Greece) of the EU are not appealing to me. I wilt in the heat and seems to be higher unemployment and more corrupt and bureaucratic there then Northern Europe. I could be wrong, just my perception.

Michael-5 said:
dsgrue3 said:

That's cause you're American, and generally opague to the problems your country has.

I mean China has pollution and USA doesn't? Last I Checked USA was second after China in terms of pollution.

Plus USA has really high homicide rates, rampant racism, a 36% Obesity rate, more then double any other option on this list, excessive debt (700 TRILLION $ bailout) to the poor, Increadable Capitalsm and mega corporations, red-necks who carry guns for "protection", a massive drug problem.....

USA has a higher poverty rate then China.

:-O!

Bet you didn't know that. USA's Poverty Rate is 15.1%, China's is 13.4%.

So if you moved to China, you'd actually be better off IMO.

I'm not oblivious to US problems.

USA may very well have a higher poverty rate than China, but if you believe our standards for the poverty line are the same you're in for a rude awakening.

• USA poverty line is $11,490 for a household of 1.
  • China poverty line is under $1.25 per day. Do the math.

When I say pollution I mean air quality. 

"China air pollution beyond Index"

http://www.sullivanjournal.com/sports/outdoors/article_0451bc46-73af-11e2-99ff-001a4bcf6878.html

Obesity is a personal issue, unlike pollution, censorship, poverty, health codes, standard of living, tossing babies in the garbage due to restrictions on number of offspring, building codes, safety codes (200 burn in a warehouse - doors locked from the outside).

Once again, Michael, you have not a clue to which you speak. It's pretty hilarious, honestly.

Japan. Certain aspects of Japanese culture is awesome as fuck, but other aspects are weird as fuck and their social structure is very fucked.

Russia, It's not a fun country to be in, very boring. Can't forget USA either, it does not have a big appeal to me and since Thailand in the poll option I will also pick that. I never saw the appeal to that country, even if it comes to tourism. Almost everyone I know has been there and talk about it as if it the best country to have a vacation in. I don't think that living there is either a very good option.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David