By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will You Be Getting Animal Crossing: New Leaf? (If Not, What's Up With You?!)

Tagged games:

axumblade said:
BasilZero said:
axumblade said:
BasilZero said:
axumblade said:

I always liked the DS version way more than the Wii version. I feel Animal Crossing is a lot fun when you don't feel tied down to a console.

Is there a storyline in the series or it doesnt matter where you start o.o?

I'm thinking of getting into the game series but not sure where to start.

Doesn't matter where you start.

The only thing you need to know is the Tom Nook is a crook. -.-

There's a GCN version as well right? Out of all three which in your opinion is the best?

Portability doesnt matter to me since I usually only have time to play games at home ;p.

I would say DS > Gamecube >>> Wii

The City options for the Wii version were cool but at the same time, they didn't make it that much better. The gamecube version allowed for you to have a basement, which was awesome. I never had the Gamecube version but I watched my bf play it for a while. And there was a lot of content for a gamecube game.

Not to mention the fact that, in the GameCube version, you could unlock all kinds of full NES games you could play in your in-game house.  That's how I first played many Nintendo classics, such as Wario's Woods, Clu-Clu Land, and NES Baseball.  The DS version wins out on account of its portability, though.

I think the 3DS game will be my only retail game that I would want in downloadable format instead.  I prefer physical carts and discs, but Animal Crossing is the kind of thing you want to jump into for five minutes several times a day, as a side dish to whatever 'main' game you're playing at the time, and it's cumbersome to carry around multiple games/cases.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
tbone51 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
tbone51 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Yes Sir I am I should be getting my 3DS sometime within the next week or two.

you should pick up fire emblem also!

Oh I will that game looks amazing. 

The game is worth buying a 3DS over imo! $200 for the fire emblem bundle is a great deal!

I hope they're still selling them when I get mine I know doubtful but one can hope. 

NobleTeam360 said:
tbone51 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
tbone51 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Yes Sir I am I should be getting my 3DS sometime within the next week or two.

you should pick up fire emblem also!

Oh I will that game looks amazing. 

The game is worth buying a 3DS over imo! $200 for the fire emblem bundle is a great deal!

I hope they're still selling them when I get mine I know doubtful but one can hope. 

All Yours for $200, Better hurry

Animal Crossing & Animal Crossing City Folk were both awesome but I didn't like Wild World much.

IMO, playing AC on a big T.V is much better. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see where I was going due to the DS's small screen. Plus, I don't play games outside of my (or someone else's) house.

AC (GC) > City Folk > Wild World and I will likely skip New Leaf in favor of the eventual ACU. Though, I may not even get a Wii U...

Once I've got myself to Japan and in a position to start spending money on games, I will (Sometime next year).

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said:
I've never heard of this game. If I had to guess I would say something about raising animals...?

lmao no! Its like The Sims or Harvest Moon, a Casual Title!

i hope it is better than harvest moon... i didnt like that game

I'm getting it day1. I usualy always buy retail games at retail, cause I like having tons of games on my shelves, I like physical goodies, but I'm thinking of maybe getting this one via the eshop so I always have this game with me.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)