By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will You Be Getting Animal Crossing: New Leaf? (If Not, What's Up With You?!)

Tagged games:

no, for two reasons

one: I don't have a 3ds yet
two: Animal crossing games are really boring imo

Around the Network

Yes I will, I'm contemplating if I should buy it on the E-shop so I can have it on me at all times, I guess if there's a pre-order bonus I like will decide which way I go.

Former something....

Is it similiar to Animal Crossing: Wild World. What's new this time and would you guys recommend the DS one. I don't have 3D DS.

green_sky said:
Is it similiar to Animal Crossing: Wild World. What's new this time and would you guys recommend the DS one. I don't have 3D DS.

All Animal Crossing games are somewhat similar to each other. With this game, though, you get to become the mayor of your town which brings along all these other benefits. (You can add things to your town, make even more edits to your house including the outside of it, and they have added in more Online features, etc.)

DS one was fun. I would recommend getting this one if you want to get a 3DS, though. Will you be getting a 3DS?

I won't be picking up a 3DS at least until next holiday season, so that gives me time to gauge the feedback about the game.

It does sound like a step up for the series. And I didn't own the previous portable instalment, so having that on the go with me would be pretty cool! But I felt a bit burnt by Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City. It wasn't a bad game, in fact it was a lovely game filled with that sweet AC charm I've come to expect. But second time around, I didn't find all the chores as interesting, to put it bluntly. Digging holes, catching butterflies and talking to villagers just wasn't as exciting (!), and I lost interest pretty quickly.

Anyway, complaints aside, I am interested by the mayor aspect to New Leaf and will probably pick it up if and when I get a 3DS.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:

WTF is Animal Crossing?  Sounds like a little kid's game.

Looks like one too. WTF?

Never really got into any of the previous games. I think they become boring very quickly, and the whole concept of constantly working to pay off debt, is not an appealing one.

dsgrue3 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

WTF is Animal Crossing?  Sounds like a little kid's game.

Looks like one too. WTF?

Why would you think it looks like a kids game? Because it's really colorful, cute (hey, those animals are very cute), or different? Sheesh.

NintendoPie said:
green_sky said:

All Animal Crossing games are somewhat similar to each other. With this game, though, you get to become the mayor of your town which brings along all these other benefits. (You can add things to your town, make even more edits to your house including the outside of it, and they have added in more Online features, etc.)

DS one was fun. I would recommend getting this one if you want to get a 3DS, though. Will you be getting a 3DS?

Thanks Pie. Not sure about 3DS yet. I still got 4-5 games i need to pick up for DS from top my head. I am leaning more towards Wii U this time. Experiencing Nintendo franchises in HD sounds good. I'll pick up DS one if see it while browsing a store or find one online. :)

Yes, it's going to be my second ac, afteer the wii one. I didn't like that one as much as I expected, but as far as I have seen, this game should fix it. + it's portable.