By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Builtlean: Does a High Protein Diet help you lose weight?

I did that a year ago, didn't work. But I'll try out a new one this year.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Diy0RNe_c

shall i ?

The end was hilarious.

JayWood2010 said:

If you are an ectomorph you need to train to your body type as well as eat to your body type. If you don't know the difference in body types then you may need to do some additional research.  Working out has a lot to do with knoolwdge just like nutrition and the actual workouts. There is more to it than just pushing weights.

3 body types

Ectomporph
Mesomorph
Endomorph

Haha thanks Jay. I think i am between Meso and Endo. My arms are not as skinny as my avatar. It is fun to joke around though. They are smaller than Argh though. Just measured and they are 35 cms. Gonna gain some when i shovel the snow later. Doesn't Kale taste horrible. Do you make its juice. 

green_sky said:
JayWood2010 said:

If you are an ectomorph you need to train to your body type as well as eat to your body type. If you don't know the difference in body types then you may need to do some additional research.  Working out has a lot to do with knoolwdge just like nutrition and the actual workouts. There is more to it than just pushing weights.

3 body types

Ectomporph
Mesomorph
Endomorph

Haha thanks Jay. I think i am between Meso and Endo. My arms are not as skinny as my avatar. It is fun to joke around though. They are smaller than Argh though. Just measured and they are 35 cms. Gonna gain some when i shovel the snow later. Doesn't Kale taste horrible. Do you make its juice. 

I make Kale salads all the time and I love them XD  I've never cooked kale, but builtlean has a kale article.  I'll post it in a bit and send you the link

badgenome said:
Argh_College said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Diy0RNe_c

shall i ?

The end was hilarious.

his videos are awesome

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I make Kale salads all the time and I love them XD  I've never cooked kale, but builtlean has a kale article.  I'll post it in a bit and send you the link.

Sounds good. Too much protein does make the gym smell weird though man but those people could be taking some other pills haha. 

More Proteine helps preserving muscle if you eat under maintenance and helps building muscles if you eat over maintenance.

Weightloss has mostly to do with Calories in
We eat to many simple Carbs anyway which is not good for muscles which inturn burn calories just by existing. So more proteine is always good but without calorie restriction this alone will not help lose a significant mass of fat.

How does hummus rank...I love the stuff but always guessed it was bad for me...

1 gallon of water every day, 5-6 meals of 20-30g protein each.

Workout 3-5 times a week for 1.5 hrs each.

This is basically my current fitness plan and it works great. If I slack off a few months, then jump back into this diet/plan, it is amazing what a difference a few short weeks makes!

ps3-sales! said:
I'm not on a protein diet but I do eat a lot of protein after working out at the gym. Doing a lot of weights combining with a whey protein shake + a protein bar = higher and larger muscle mass. It also does curb hunger, which is great.

Bro, do you even lift?