By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Builtlean: Does a High Protein Diet help you lose weight?

Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
Exercise and you will lose weight...

Lose weights sucks though, i want to gain weight and more weight :D And cut by May to Summer.

Muscle mass that is :D

Eat a lot then bro.  Still needs to be a high protein diet though :P  I'm sure you are aware of this though.  I haven't seen you on here for a while

i eat alot and i´ll buy Protein now :D 

If you have a hard time gaining weight get weight gainer.  But if you want a protein powder, then whey protein would be your best option.  Take it after your workouts.  I actually take it before and after but if you dont want to then dont.  Opti Nutrition is great and in my opinion the best brand of protein powder.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:Eat a lot then bro.  Still needs to be a high protein diet though :P  I'm sure you are aware of this though.  I haven't seen you on here for a while

Plus you lift man. Those necromorphs never stood a chance. I need to start lifting in spring. 

Now that University stopped for exams and sh** i´ve been lifting 5 days a week. During the past month and this month :D

Once University starts since i dont have money to Gym (well i have but i dont want to spend it, i got everything at home equipment wise) i will only lift 3 times per week, 5 times per week on 2 weeks easter holidays. 

Mid-May i´ll start Cutting, not much just doing heavy Cardio on Saturday and during some days of the Week... Including HiiT, it will give me a bump for Summer and i´ll feel insanely good just in time for Summer, been working from 2 Summers know, shouldnt be any different now :D

I think i´ll be in my greatest shape ever this Summer, but only time will tell that, im working for that and shouldnt be too difficult to beat last Summer, i was good but never this good :D

JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:
Argh_College said:
Exercise and you will lose weight...

Lose weights sucks though, i want to gain weight and more weight :D And cut by May to Summer.

Muscle mass that is :D

Eat a lot then bro.  Still needs to be a high protein diet though :P  I'm sure you are aware of this though.  I haven't seen you on here for a while

If you have a hard time gaining weight get weight gainer.  But if you want a protein powder, then whey protein would be your best option.  Take it after your workouts.  I actually take it before and after but if you dont want to then dont.  Opti Nutrition is great and in my opinion the best brand of protein powder.

i dont have much trouble gaining weight, plus gaining muscle is a slow process... i got plenty of time, im young so im not concerned i´ll just take protein to maximize my gains for summer nothing more.

Low carb is my approach. This naturally pushes you towards high protein foods. If you go low carbs then you don't need to worry about watching the fat content of your diet, inless you are a body builder and want to drop to unnaturally low body fat %. On low carbs I get to and remain on a reasonably trim 90kg, off low carbs I balloon to 100-105kg.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Yes, but very hard on your kidneys though. I have to monitor my protein intake after getting a kidney transplant.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Argh_College said:
JayWood2010 said:Eat a lot then bro.  Still needs to be a high protein diet though :P  I'm sure you are aware of this though.  I haven't seen you on here for a while

Plus you lift man. Those necromorphs never stood a chance. I need to start lifting in spring. Look my arms in the avatar. 

i used to have arms like those, skin as f*** but then i start lifting...

Now - warmed up - ~38cm arms :D

Argh_College said:

Now that University stopped for exams and sh** i´ve been lifting 5 days a week. During the past month and this month :D

Once University starts since i dont have money to Gym (well i have but i dont want to spend it, i got everything at home equipment wise) i will only lift 3 times per week, 5 times per week on 2 weeks easter holidays. 

Mid-May i´ll start Cutting, not much just doing heavy Cardio on Saturday and during some days of the Week... Including HiiT, it will give me a bump for Summer and i´ll feel insanely good just in time for Summer, been working from 2 Summers know, shouldnt be any different now :D

I think i´ll be in my greatest shape ever this Summer, but only time will tell that, im working for that and shouldnt be too difficult to beat last Summer, i was good but never this good :D

Do you even lift?

green_sky said:
Argh_College said:

Plus you lift man. Those necromorphs never stood a chance. I need to start lifting in spring. Look my arms in the avatar. 

If you are an ectomorph you need to train to your body type as well as eat to your body type. If you don't know the difference in body types then you may need to do some additional research.  Working out has a lot to do with knoolwdge just like nutrition and the actual workouts. There is more to it than just pushing weights.

3 body types

Ectomporph
Mesomorph
Endomorph

badgenome said:
Argh_College said:

Do you even lift?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Diy0RNe_c

shall i ?

I'm not on a protein diet but I do eat a lot of protein after working out at the gym. Doing a lot of weights combining with a whey protein shake + a protein bar = higher and larger muscle mass. It also does curb hunger, which is great.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros