By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best shooter in the past 5 years?

My problem with Battlefield 3 is that the campaign is boring.
I know, I know, "it's all about the multiplayer", but for me, single player was and always will be a vita component of any game, and no multiplayer, however superb, can cancel out a weak campaign.
It's still a good game due to stellar multiplayer, but single player holds it back from greatness.

Halo 4 similarly falls into "close but no cigar" territory. It's very good, but ultimately too conservative. Besides the marvelous graphics, (seriously,how the hell do you pull that out of 2005 hardware?) it sticks too close to previous games to be truly great. It's extremely well constructed for what it is, but Halo was originally all about the new and the exciting, and now it's become the very opposite.

"Great" is a very, very high accolade to me. I'd call maybe 12 or so games in the entire 7th gen truly great.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
seriously people. not one Red Dead Redemption?! are you guys fucking with me? or does best shooter have to be an exclusive game? i was going to mention other games along with RDR but after reading the post im not
RED DEAD REDEMPTION

Red Dead is good, i don't know why no one has mentioned it.

ThatGreekGuy said:
bananaking21 said:
seriously people. not one Red Dead Redemption?! are you guys fucking with me? or does best shooter have to be an exclusive game? i was going to mention other games along with RDR but after reading the post im not
RED DEAD REDEMPTION

because its not an exclusive 

bananaking21 said:
ThatGreekGuy said:
bananaking21 said:
RED DEAD REDEMPTION

because its not an exclusive 

People have mentioned many games that aren't exclusives and the title doesn't say JUST exclusives.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
1337 Gamer said:
Halo 3. Technically it was 2007 but its the last good shooter ive played. The more recent halo's are trash.

Remove sprinting/armor abilities/instant respawn/random weapon drops of any kind/loadouts/perks. 

Bring back barebones/map respawn weapons/map respawn abilities/same weapon for everydude.

The perfect halo. Although sprinting might actually enhance gameplay. 

Exactly. Get rid of all the stupid Call of Duty stype gameplay elements that they added in and give us back the old halo. Sprinting is fine but everything else needs to go. At the very least give us a classic playlist where we can play old style halo.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

bananaking21 said:
RED DEAD REDEMPTION

Red Dead Redemption is awesome. It might be my favorite game this generation, but I don't think of it as a shooter because its much more than shooting. It's an open world sandbox game that has shooting in it.

Battlefield 3
Borderlands 2
Halo 4

In that order.