By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best shooter in the past 5 years?

Halo 3. Technically it was 2007 but its the last good shooter ive played. The more recent halo's are trash.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
Halo 3. Technically it was 2007 but its the last good shooter ive played. The more recent halo's are trash.

Remove sprinting/armor abilities/instant respawn/random weapon drops of any kind/loadouts/perks. 

Bring back barebones/map respawn weapons/map respawn abilities/same weapon for everydude.

The perfect halo. Although sprinting might actually enhance gameplay. 

Yay!!!

NobleTeam360 said:
CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It made perfect sense. You just didn't understand it. 

OK, back track - tell me how comparing two games from totally different genres made sense here.

It's relative, I'm assuming it's ok to compare Gears of War to Halo so it's ok to compare Uncharted to Halo. But if you read my posts then you saw that I was joking with that guy to begin with. 

I did read your posts, and not then nor now did I get the impression that you were joking. In fact, if that was the case (and I have it backwards - which is possible), you should have just spared this soap opera and said so from the get go (yes, that rhymes).

I was reffering to Somini who I was joking with not the kappie guy. Me and him were just going back and forth saying Halo was better and vice versa, that was the joking part. 

shit, you got me biting!!!!!!

The last truly great FPS games were Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3 in 2007.

In the last 5 years, the best would probably be Killzone 3.

If TPS games count, then Mass Effect 2 wins, followed by Uncharted 2.

ThatGreekGuy said:
Raze said:
Does Left For Dead 2 count as a shooter? If so, that's my pick!

You shoot guns in the game....

You shoot guns in LA Noire and Assassin's Creed III, but neither of them are shooters.

I'd say Halo 4 followed by Battlefield 3

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
Turkish said:
JayWood2010 said:
You are on vgchartz so what is exclusive on Sony?

Halo 4/3 or call of duty 4. And Im not saying that because I like either one. Its simple why i choose those. They have the most active communitities out of anything else mentioned. They are both popular because they are good. People sgtay playing them because they are aaddicting. Seriosly annoyed if people dont start stating facts on this website. he isnt asking for your opinion. He is asking what is the best. while the best is an opinion i think we should consider what the majority of people will think and asking a site dominated by Sony and nintendo i dont expect this to be accurate what so ever. Go survey random people or a site that has a wider variety of people and your answer will almost certainly be halo or call of duty

Please get out with this nonsense, its very old and you should know better than this repetitive crap.

How do you knpw Halo has the most active community? Have you played BF3 or CoD? BF3 has more active players than Halo 4 as does CoD. Last I checked Halo 4 is falling further down the activity charts. According to your reasoning BF3 should be better than Halo 4.

I know because it is a fact 
http://www.gamespot.com/news/black-ops-ii-minecraft-top-xbox-live-2012-activity-6402797

Fact on the xbox alone. BF3 is a multiplat game. Currently +130k people are playing BF3, how many are on Halo 4? http://bf3stats.com/

Less and less people are playing Halo 4, someone needs to dig out the activity chart of that game, the graph keeps on shrinking.

not sure right now but it was at around 200k per day last time i checked

EDIT:  And of course it will shrink over time lol that is how games work haha.  But yes it is way bigger on xbox live.  it is also bigger than PS.  If halo was multiplatform youd see those numbers double so im not really seeing the point in going against both platforms but you do whatever you want bro.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

It appears to be close to 60k, so just a little more than people playing BF3 on PS3 right now haha

Close to 60K? Lol, wipe your glasses because somethings distorting it. 

I don't wear glasses, since you know the numbers, why don't you share them? Its actually less than 50k right now.

Only one true answer

Battlefield 3
Its the only Shooter that is really NextGen and plays and looks like a game of 2011+
There is nothing that comes close to the awesomness of the BF3 MP and the Graphics this game is offering.And DICE is doing a pretty damn good job with
the mappacks.Every mappack is adding a lot and sometimes even is changing the style of the game(closed quarters).
This game is the perfection of this FPS Gen and shows how a good FPS has to be in these days.64 Players with ultra big maps and gorgoues graphics.

@Active community = best shooter
LOL - Halo and CoD are Casual FPS - Jump in and have your fun.You don't have to invest a lot of our to get good or to learn the game.
This is why it is addicting and played by a lot of "Friend communites" - It doesn't matter if one is really bad cause in those games he is actually a good player.
BF3 is the best FPS in the last years and that is a fact and its somehow sad if you think back at Quake,UT,PK and so on times cause those were completely skill based shooters but those won't work in these days anymore.BF3 of course takes more skill than COD or Halo especially the PC Version(lol@console BF3) but its far away from the good old days.Its like the Demon/Dark Souls of this Gen.A good reminder of how good the old days were in some terms and how far we moved back in skill.

seriously people. not one Red Dead Redemption?! are you guys fucking with me? or does best shooter have to be an exclusive game? i was going to mention other games along with RDR but after reading the post im not
RED DEAD REDEMPTION

bertlsenix said:

Only one true answer

Battlefield 3
Its the only Shooter that is really NextGen and plays and looks like a game of 2011+
There is nothing that comes close to the awesomness of the BF3 MP and the Graphics this game is offering.And DICE is doing a pretty damn good job with
the mappacks.Every mappack is adding a lot and sometimes even is changing the style of the game(closed quarters).
This game is the perfection of this FPS Gen and shows how a good FPS has to be in these days.64 Players with ultra big maps and gorgoues graphics.

@Active community = best shooter
LOL - Halo and CoD are Casual FPS - Jump in and have your fun.You don't have to invest a lot of our to get good or to learn the game.
This is why it is addicting and played by a lot of "Friend communites" - It doesn't matter if one is really bad cause in those games he is actually a good player.
BF3 is the best FPS in the last years and that is a fact and its somehow sad if you think back at Quake,UT,PK and so on times cause those were completely skill based shooters but those won't work in these days anymore.BF3 of course takes more skill than COD or Halo especially the PC Version(lol@console BF3) but its far away from the good old days.Its like the Demon/Dark Souls of this Gen.A good reminder of how good the old days were in some terms and how far we moved back in skill.

Agree with this. Other than "every bf3 map pack is good", Close Quarters was SHIT

Halo 4.

Currently playing Doom II. Finished all 4 chapters of Doom. Doom wins.

Doom.