By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best shooter in the past 5 years?

For me its between Killzone 3 and Uncharted 2. Didnt play much of Killzone 2 multiplayer so cant say much about that.

Around the Network

Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3

oh shit, Halo 3 doesnt count then i'll go with Halo 4 instead.

Raze said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
ThatGreekGuy said:
Raze said:
Does Left For Dead 2 count as a shooter? If so, that's my pick!

You shoot guns in the game....

yea it's a first person shooter with Zombies in it. it's a thrill ride online.

OT: 

KZ2, Starhawk, GEARS, and Left for Dead. oh yea Resistence 1 and 3.

Definitely, I'm still addicted to playing it online. I'm logged into it pretty much nightly on Steam. =)

yep it's defiantly a blast. i played it on 360, but i'll likely pick it up for PC soon. hope it comes to PS4 since Gabe seems to be in Sonys ass as of Portal2.

fun with friends on multiplayer? Battlefield Bad Company 2...

best MP shooter imo BF3 (my friends did carry to BF3 too but they got GF and spoil the saturday afternoon of BF MP tradition... bastards)

best overall KZ2... the Radec fight on Elite Difficulty was epic. the MP is fun, addictive and some what old school... get the platinum for this game was a epic task for me...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

Since Bioshock first came out in 2007, I won't count that.

So instead I will vote Black Ops II. By far the best combination of SP and MP, and then you also have zombies.

You pick Battlefield 3 over Bad Company 2?

Kazus said:

CGI-Quality said:

You didn't specify, and the way you worded it implies that the original Gears of War is what you were talking about (you said the shooter that set the bar). The impact is undeniable, yes, but that is irrelevant.

I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'll rephrase my original statement. 

"Easy. Gears of War II & III. The shooters that redfined and set the bar for 3rd person shooters and dare I even say, survival horror games too. "

Gears of War is a survival horror game? 

NobleTeam360 said:
Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Somini said:
NobleTeam360 said:
lilc64 said:
Maybe i havent read far enough but so far i see no uncharted, yes its not a FPS but neither is gears so i toss uncharted into the mix. I own all the gears, and halos but not one of them can hold a flame to uncharted 2 or 3.

Nah, Halo 4 blows UC2 and 3 out the water

lol no it doesn't!!

Yeah it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It surely does NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It absolutely DOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sales prove it lol JK

I don't think you're joking! And it most certainlty does NOT.

Lol. 

LAMO nice back and forth there but honestly Uncharted 2 is the game of the generation imo, i've yet to play another game that felt as epic and engaging.

uncharted 3