By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Premonition about WiiU sales

I don't think that will happen...
If sales go up, it will be by a negligible amount...
The only game coming in February is Rayman Legends, which won't move much hardware...
March has Lego City Undercover and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate...
I could see Lego City moving hardware, but that's not to say that I think it will...
I actually think sales of both Lego City and Ultimate could be harmed in the short run due to the fact that they are releasing at almost the same time (one day apart)...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Nowhere to go but up so I'm guessing OP is psychic.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Salnax said:
kitler53 said:
Salnax said:
Why? There are no new games to my knowledge to boost sales, it's too early for a price cut, and I can't think of any holidays.

every f%#&ing year you forget my birthday..

I didn't forget it. I just don't feel the way about you I used to.

now i feel butt hurt.

leedlelee said:
The only game coming in February is Rayman Legends, which won't move much hardware...
I could see Lego City moving hardware, but that's not to say that I think it will...
I actually think sales of both Lego City and Ultimate could be harmed in the short run due to the fact that they are releasing at almost the same time (one day apart)...

I'm not sure...MH serves a really different audience than Legos

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Implying Nintendo direct is going to have a big impact on WiiU sales when all they did was announce games that wont come out for a long time, but I'm sure X got a lot of people interested in the U.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
leedlelee said:

I'm not sure...MH serves a really different audience than Legos

I agree...

But I think when there are no other big sellers coming out for a while for a very new console, they serve very similar audiences...

Have a nice day...

Will be interesting if ND has any effect. Otherwise, March will be the next increase (Lego City Undercover/Dragon Quest X).

Good thing you didn't have a premonition about the sales going down even further though. Because that could be deadly for Wii-U!

Interest =/= Immediate sales.

I think some people here are forgetting that. It won't fall much further; if at all. But it won't go up either.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

Who told you that? People usually need more than a video to want to buy a system.

I told myself that after seeing it with my own eyes.

My brother bought a Wii after he saw the Zelda TP trailer.

My friend bought a PS3 after he saw God of War 3 trailer.

My other freind bought an Xbox360 after he saw Halo 3 trailer.

I bought a PS3 when i first saw Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer.

So if a trailer made me/my brother/friends buy a console i can assure you that millions will do the same thing.

No. Millions will not do that. Trust me.

NintendoPie said:
Deyon said:
NintendoPie said:

Who told you that? People usually need more than a video to want to buy a system.

I told myself that after seeing it with my own eyes.

My brother bought a Wii after he saw the Zelda TP trailer.

My friend bought a PS3 after he saw God of War 3 trailer.

My other freind bought an Xbox360 after he saw Halo 3 trailer.

I bought a PS3 when i first saw Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer.

So if a trailer made me/my brother/friends buy a console i can assure you that millions will do the same thing.

No. Millions will not do that. Trust me.

Yeah, if someone buys a whole console based a on one trailer, you are either a bit simple or you have too much cash.

Besides, saying "my friend did this", "my brother did that" to support your arguments is worthless since its impossible for anyone to verify the truth in any of it. There's a reason why anecdotal evidence doesn't hold up, they are highly subjective and unrepresentative and often not truthful.