By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGLeaks: Orbis unveiled!

Orbis contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz

So basically, it's going to be 8 Jaguars duct taped together?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

From GAF...

I think the most interesting "new" part in this are the Extras, but there isn't really a lot of information there. However:

- Audio Processor (ACP)
Should take some signal processing load off the CPU, which is good considering its relative weakness at that task compared to Cell.

The PS4 ACP is the CELL. PS3 BC FTW

YEAAAH....if only.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Weird.. why are the VGleaks dudes discrediting the rumor.

Yay!!!

KungKras said:
Orbis contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz

So basically, it's going to be 8 Jaguars duct taped together?

8 Jaguars? That is like 8 toilets (seats) duct-taped together. That means that the Orbis will give you eight times the experience of going to the toilet. 

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Weird.. why are the VGleaks dudes discrediting the rumor.

Mostly because they didn't notice the ROP and TU numbers are for each of four clusters and also because it's the same thing Eurogamer divulged a week ago, and they are touting as' 'world exclusive'... that's what I got from it anyways.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Shinobi-san said:
On a hardware level, this falls short of a really expensive high end PC. And compares directly to a mid-high end gaming pc.

But given the massive step up this is over current gen hardware....i think we looking at a pretty dam good step up in visuals.

It's not a Core i7 + GTX 680 machine but I can live with 8 core A10 + HD 7850 in the next gen .

I wouldnt call it a 7850 though. It seems to be a custom mix of a 7850/7870/7970m.

Not to mention the optimisation of the system as a whole, we are in for a treat!

Another way of descibing the power here, a 7870 is almost as good as a gtx570/gtx580....so yeah high end stuff.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

LOL i saw this on gaf:

"Orbis: Gandalf the White
Durango: Gandalf the Grey
Wii U: Wormtongue"

Hahaha xD

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
LOL i saw this on gaf:

Hahaha xD

LOL

Poor Wii U.

Shinobi-san said:
LOL i saw this on gaf:

Hahaha xD

PC: Saruman of Many Colours?????

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

It's pretty solid for a home console.

A modern PC card in late 2013 will blow both the Orbis and Durango out of the water though, it looks like.