By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGLeaks: Orbis unveiled!

Chark said:
enditall727 said:
ethomaz said:

platformmaster918 said:

I see.  So they could sell at a profit for $400 with a basic controller?  Or maybe have a BC model for $450?

I think Sony will sell it with little loss or no profit... $350... I believe .

this estimate doesn't include R&D does it?

R&D is not part of the cost breakdown.

well what are the cost's called when they manufacture and get the PS4's into the retailers hands? i thought that was apart of R&D?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Chark said:
enditall727 said:
ethomaz said:

platformmaster918 said:

I see.  So they could sell at a profit for $400 with a basic controller?  Or maybe have a BC model for $450?

I think Sony will sell it with little loss or no profit... $350... I believe .

this estimate doesn't include R&D does it?

R&D is not part of the cost breakdown.

well what are the cost's called when they manufacture and get the PS4's into the retailers hands? i thought that was apart of R&D?

You're thinking S&H, shipping and handling. R&D is research and development. That's the cost involved with brainstorming and actually creating what the product will be. Manufacturing cost for all parts, internal and external, the packaging, and the cost of S&H is what it costs Sony to get it onto shelves and will determine whether or not Sony is making a profit on the console hardware or not.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Is it 4 GB for both the system and the GPU or the system only? It's just barely enough if the former, but it's nowhere near enough it it's shared with the GPU.

Zkuq said:
Is it 4 GB for both the system and the GPU or the system only? It's just barely enough if the former, but it's nowhere near enough it it's shared with the GPU.

For the system. How is that not enough? Are you thinking on PC terms because RAM is much more utilized in a console than in a PC. PS3 and 360 only have 512MB and Wii U has only 2GB.

Zkuq said:

even with only 3gb for games it would still be 6x what the PS3 has

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Zkuq said:

Actually 12x since PS3 limited 256MB to games...

Chark said:
platformmaster918 said:
Zkuq said:

Actually 12x since PS3 limited 256MB to games...

ah good point.  Plus with console optimization and seeing what those 256mb did for some of Sony's first party games with other parts also being 6 year old tech I think after a year you'll see some jaw dropping PS4 games

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

This is way too technical for me and thus pointless. What I want to know is: When does it release? Pricing options? Mandatory Fee For PSN? Launch Games?

That is all.

reggin_bolas said:
This is way too technical for me and thus pointless. What I want to know is: When does it release? Pricing options? Mandatory Fee For PSN? Launch Games?

That is all.

Oooh, a guessing game....hmm. This year(October-December), from $350-$500, no, maybe Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, WatchDogs, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4, and some new IPs.

Chark said:
reggin_bolas said:

That is all.

Oooh, a guessing game....hmm. This year(October-December), from $350-$500, no, maybe Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, WatchDogs, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4, and some new IPs.

Chark that was pretty awesome. I'd say too many launch games but those are going to come sooner or later. Perhaps in the launch window since that is now 6-9 months long thanks to Wii U.