By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U achievements?

Well, I think they should have come up with something like UPlay: systemwide trophies that allow to unlock in-game goodies. I don't think the trophies need to be mandatory, but it should be systemwide. And unlocking in-game-stuff is sweet.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Hello, Nintendo! Hello! Do your fans have to smack you in the face before you realize that you NEED achievements/trophies. The fans clearly want them lol, yet nintendo does nothing.

Great business strategy!

Miyamoto:

"We actually had look at how important people think achievements are for the gaming experience. Surprisingly, our survey at Club Nintendo showed that less than 1% think it is either "important" or "very important". Another thing that we concluded was that achievements in essence doesn't really add any new, interesting gameplay experiences. So, with this in mind, we decided not to invest any future effort in regards to achievements."

*coughcough*

I'm pretty sure Nintendo said it would be optional. Which is a perfectly fine idea.

I could care less, though. Sometimes it's nice to see a little achievement pop up but if I don't have them it's not like I'll die or something.

I think they will come in time. They should have had them already. MiiVerse has a similar effect to some extent though.

Around the Network

If achievements sell games then developers will add them if they want but Nintendo won't force devs to implement them. what Nintendo should do though is that they should add all achievements together if devs chose to add them to their games

I myself never really cared for that stuff I don't even know how much I have on my 360

*posting under NintendoPie achievement unlocked*

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i honestly don't care about achievements that much (despite the fact that i have a lot of them on xbox) cause they are pretty feel like starting to be a excuse to not make replay value in a single player only game

The more work I have the less I care for it, but as most people here expressed it would be nice to have them in place. Either way, I'm a Smash and Zelda freak so I'll get a Wii U regardless. I've seen people spend insane hours on games with them, something they would not normally do without trophies/achieves.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

For the most part I don't care about achievements. I hate the ones that you get for just doing mandatory things on the story mode of a game, it should be just one when you finish the campaign, everything else is pointless. I do however like the challenging ones, like completing the game doing a certain thing, doing all side quest, etc. I'm ok with those. 

So I really don't care if Nintendo does it or not, if they do it, fine, if they don't, I really don't care.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Achievements are a neat little bonus, but they shouldn't be required. They add nothing to gameplay, they only add an artifical sense of accomplishment, which the game itself should be able to provide on its own.