By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U achievements?

You guys know if nintendo will release achievements for wii U?

Do you think they should have launched with achievements?

I really like achievements and on a business perspective is good, since many people like myself buy games for achievements. Like if i could get a gamer cheaper for PC but doesn't have achievements i sometimes get for ps3 only because has trophies.

What reason would Nintendo have for realsing a console in 2012 lacking achievements? is it because lack of security of their achievements could create problems, or because they simple dont think is a good feature. Or because they didnt had the time to implement?

Around the Network

they said no. and to that i said big mistake

Nintendo screwed up when they didn't make them mandatory.

Even on my phone, it's nice to have them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It would be pretty easy to implement especially for third party games all they have to do is copy the trophies/achievements that already exist for the PS3/360 version of the game.

Without an achievement system I just won't play the full game I'd go back to the way I used to during the ps2 just play the game for the story unless the game was good.

Around the Network

It'd also like to see the Wii U have achievements of some kind. I know that Nintendo believes that they cheapen the gameplay though. And it's just too "American" for them. Don't see them making it a mandatory thing, although they really should. It does beg the question though.....if the have been quoted as saying they won't make them mandatory, but they will allow them, then there has to be some sort of system in place for them. Sure they can copy the achievement/trophy lists from Microsoft/Sony, but what will they be called, how will they be tracked, and in what form will they appear and where.

So one way or another they will be coming. Then once they start, I don't see them backing away from them. So if we see them at all on the Wii U, eventually they will be as common place as they are on the other two systems. Wonder what date/game will kick off the show?

Check out my Gaming Website www.LiveLootLevel.com View my game blog, read some reviews, and leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time guys.

They didn't want to, but i want them to, so they should add achievements.

I loved the achievements on Xenoblade, maybe that was a test for some of their other games. I do think they should've made them mandatory though.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

wiiU should have them but nintendo is too stubborn. nintendo thinks they know better than the consumers.

I force myself to finish a games trophies (unless its a really bad game or really ridiculous trophies in difficulty) before I buy a new game. Keeps me from spending more money than I need. Helps me pace myself, so in my opinion using anecdotal evidence it slows game sales overall... but at the same time it reduces used games in second hand shops