By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can 3DS Obtain 20Mil Lifetime Sales in Japan by Year's End? 9.63Mil Remain!

Japanese 3DS Hardware Sales will hit...

The 20Mil Mark! 32 36.36%

Just Under it by A Mil or 2 16 18.18%

Kind of close, Just 3mil off 29 32.95%

Not Close 4-5Mil off 11 12.50%

Total:88
aikohualda said:
tbone51 said:
aikohualda said:
tbone51 said:

As of Now 3DS Hardware sales are a little over 10mil. This was pushed thanks to AC New Leaf, and will continue to rise some cuz its still fresh!

Can 3DS make 20mil Sales by End's Year? Too Much of a Stretch? Well listen up first....

Japan has Dragon Quest VII coming in a month and that should push hardware, Luigi's Mansion and a new E3 reveal Title should push with some more popular titles in Japan. But how About the main system sellers as in MH4, Can that push it high? Want more how about Pokemon X/Y, that alone should push hardware alot more than what AC did last year!

What do you think? Fall Short? By how much 3 or 5mil?

Discuss...

there is a good possibility... but if they did, that would be awesome!

Absoultly! It will break records... TBH if Pokemon X/Y is bundled!!!! Just imagine

i dont think they will bundle it though... maybe pokemon z next year.

Bout to make a new thread! Post in i want to hear yours! (pokemon-related) Keep an eye out 4it

Around the Network

I really think people are underestimating the 3DS power in Japan. It's pretty much been tailor made for the japanese market, and this year it's getting the motherload of games that are absolutely ENORMOUS in Japan.

I think that if they announce another Pokemon themed 3DS Xl, and launch those games, they could hit 10 million.

Mensrea said:
I really think people are underestimating the 3DS power in Japan. It's pretty much been tailor made for the japanese market, and this year it's getting the motherload of games that are absolutely ENORMOUS in Japan.

I think that if they announce another Pokemon themed 3DS Xl, and launch those games, they could hit 10 million.

if 10mil it would have to average just under 200k lets say 197k a week! Japan 1st week is a head start with almost 300k week ending jan5th

Thanks to the_dengle we are getting a good estimate! So anybody still dont think it'll make it? 9mil maybe? Wat!!!???

tbone51 said:
Thanks to the_dengle we are getting a good estimate! So anybody still dont think it'll make it? 9mil maybe? Wat!!!???

Haha. I don't pretend to be predicting sales in any way. It looks good though. 7 mil definitely seems possible, 8 mil maybe, 9 mil is a stretch but not out of the question.

Keep in mind 7 mil is an outrageous success, even though *some people* would have us think otherwise because it's not up to scratch with the DS's best year.

Around the Network

I doubt it, but there is a slight chance.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

Haha. I don't pretend to be predicting sales in any way. It looks good though. 7 mil definitely seems possible, 8 mil maybe, 9 mil is a stretch but not out of the question.

Keep in mind 7 mil is an outrageous success, even though *some people* would have us think otherwise because it's not up to scratch with the DS's best year.

oh trust me i know! 3DS in 2012 for japan was amazing! I think with MH4 and Pokemon the sky is the limit! We can definitely see a record breaker depending on how everything pans out. They should make a pokemon X/Y XL bundle with a cool pokemon model! That i think will destroy everything in Japan imo

tbone51 said:

oh trust me i know! 3DS in 2012 for japan was amazing! I think with MH4 and Pokemon the sky is the limit! We can definitely see a record breaker depending on how everything pans out. They should make a pokemon X/Y XL bundle with a cool pokemon model! That i think will destroy everything in Japan imo

Oh man, if this is bundled with X & Y in the West it's all over. It's ALL over.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

Oh man, if this is bundled with X & Y in the West it's all over. It's ALL over.

I think more of this... Just saying!

Highly unlikely, but, well, stranger things have happened. Would probably need to sell around 1 mil in a week to hit it though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.