By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can 3DS Obtain 20Mil Lifetime Sales in Japan by Year's End? 9.63Mil Remain!

Japanese 3DS Hardware Sales will hit...

The 20Mil Mark! 32 36.36%

Just Under it by A Mil or 2 16 18.18%

Kind of close, Just 3mil off 29 32.95%

Not Close 4-5Mil off 11 12.50%

Total:88
RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Luigi's Mansion has a good chance to sell 3mil this year, how is that bad? But Pushing hardware nowhere near other game levels but yes it can push a good amount (nothing that noticeable though)

Okay, you'll need to learn it the hard way that Luigi's Mansion isn't a big game.

Since i need help, Pls tell me your estimate on years end sales and Lifetime sales for Luigi's Mansion?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

Since i need help, Pls tell me your estimate on years end sales and Lifetime sales for Luigi's Mansion?

900k and 1.25m, respectively.

lol i'll respect your answer but im certain your way off imo! I dont know if i can make anymore bets! If i do this be the last and final of 2013! Maybe AVATAR control? Never did that bet b4

tbone51 said:

lol i'll respect your answer but im certain your way off imo! I dont know if i can make anymore bets! If i do this be the last and final of 2013! Maybe AVATAR control? Never did that bet b4

I suggest you don't make another bet this year!

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

I suggest you don't make another bet this year!

I need to win all bets! If i lose i lose, but i wont!

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

900k and 1.25m, respectively.

Sooo...?

Around the Network

Nope, no chance. The DS when it was beasting sold an incredible amount of systems and it managed just over 8 million systems in one year. It's second best year was at just over 7 million. Those are highest selling years of anything in Japan. Nothing else has even come close.

The 3ds could match that 7 million mark or if things go super great get near that 8 million mark.
Getting all the way up to 20 million (selling 10 million systems?) No way...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Nope, no chance. The DS when it was beasting sold an incredible amount of systems and it managed just over 8 million systems in one year. It's second best year was at just over 7 million. Those are highest selling years of anything in Japan. Nothing else has even come close.

The 3ds could match that 7 million mark or if things go super great get near that 8 million mark.
Getting all the way up to 20 million (selling 10 million systems?) No way...

most people did say 7mil, im still going for 8mil

tbone51 said:

As of Now 3DS Hardware sales are a little over 10mil. This was pushed thanks to AC New Leaf, and will continue to rise some cuz its still fresh!

Can 3DS make 20mil Sales by End's Year? Too Much of a Stretch? Well listen up first....

Japan has Dragon Quest VII coming in a month and that should push hardware, Luigi's Mansion and a new E3 reveal Title should push with some more popular titles in Japan. But how About the main system sellers as in MH4, Can that push it high? Want more how about Pokemon X/Y, that alone should push hardware alot more than what AC did last year!

What do you think? Fall Short? By how much 3 or 5mil?

Discuss...

there is a good possibility... but if they did, that would be awesome!

aikohualda said:
tbone51 said:

As of Now 3DS Hardware sales are a little over 10mil. This was pushed thanks to AC New Leaf, and will continue to rise some cuz its still fresh!

Can 3DS make 20mil Sales by End's Year? Too Much of a Stretch? Well listen up first....

Japan has Dragon Quest VII coming in a month and that should push hardware, Luigi's Mansion and a new E3 reveal Title should push with some more popular titles in Japan. But how About the main system sellers as in MH4, Can that push it high? Want more how about Pokemon X/Y, that alone should push hardware alot more than what AC did last year!

Discuss...

Absoultly! It will break records... TBH if Pokemon X/Y is bundled!!!! Just imagine

tbone51 said:
aikohualda said:
tbone51 said:

Discuss...

Absoultly! It will break records... TBH if Pokemon X/Y is bundled!!!! Just imagine

i dont think they will bundle it though... maybe pokemon z next year.