By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can 3DS Obtain 20Mil Lifetime Sales in Japan by Year's End? 9.63Mil Remain!

Japanese 3DS Hardware Sales will hit...

The 20Mil Mark! 32 36.36%

Just Under it by A Mil or 2 16 18.18%

Kind of close, Just 3mil off 29 32.95%

Not Close 4-5Mil off 11 12.50%

Total:88
Conegamer said:
Highly unlikely, but, well, stranger things have happened. Would probably need to sell around 1 mil in a week to hit it though.

1mil? You mean in the month right!?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I prefer the Charizard, too, but I think the Pikachu model has more selling power.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

I prefer the Charizard, too, but I think the Pikachu model has more selling power.

check these out, The Kyogre and Groudon would be a cool idea! http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=154374

tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
Highly unlikely, but, well, stranger things have happened. Would probably need to sell around 1 mil in a week to hit it though.

1mil? You mean in the month right!?

No, I mean if we assume it follows current trends and that of last year it will come up 3 mil short. So on big weeks (Pokemon launch, namely) it needs to be nudging a million.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Last year was gangbusters for DS in Japan and it only sold 5.5 million, so I don't see how it's going to sell twice that much without some kind of price drop and extremely aggressive bundling, or some kind of DS Lite-esque hardware revision.

All three of those are possible, I guess. But even with the extremely strong software lineup for 3DS in Japan in 2013 I really think selling 10 million in one year is really pushing the boundaries of realistic expectations.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:

Last year was gangbusters for DS in Japan and it only sold 5.5 million, so I don't see how it's going to sell twice that much without some kind of price drop and extremely aggressive bundling, or some kind of DS Lite-esque hardware revision.

All three of those are possible, I guess. But even with the extremely strong software lineup for 3DS in Japan in 2013 I really think selling 10 million in one year is really pushing the boundaries of realistic expectations.

its at 10.37 now, 20mil seems close to impossible, but hey with psp and nintendo biggest handheld sellers you never know! (MH4 and Pokemon X/Y