By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can 3DS Obtain 20Mil Lifetime Sales in Japan by Year's End? 9.63Mil Remain!

Japanese 3DS Hardware Sales will hit...

The 20Mil Mark! 32 36.36%

Just Under it by A Mil or 2 16 18.18%

Kind of close, Just 3mil off 29 32.95%

Not Close 4-5Mil off 11 12.50%

Total:88
Mensrea said:
Luigi's Mansion was never that well liked in Japan. It won't really affect sales over there that much.

oh... So its more of an american game then, i still think it will sell great imo

Around the Network
Roma said:
since this time around Nintendo has MH on it's side it might actually make it. three GIGANTIC games in one year will will make the 3DS the monster of all monsters!

or it might just fall short by 1m

Thank you!!! My prediction is 6.5mil minimun~~~9.5mil Max!... Wats yours?

DS had much more things going for it in 2006 than just Pokemon.

As good chance as any handheld ever has. MH4, DQ7, Pokemon have fanbase that aren't quite the same as Mario series. These 3 behave more fervantly and will drive home huge sales within months if not weeks of coming out. Just like when I bought PS3 for Ffxiii and Xbox360 for Halo, and never touched them again. MH and Pokemon players will buy it on whatever platform because they are dedicated to games first.

Not sure if 3DS would exceed DS lifetime but 2003 might be the year 3DS broke records. (Edit: Lol it'd be first time a HH traveled back in time)

Tarumon said:

As good chance as any handheld ever has. MH4, DQ7, Pokemon have fanbase that aren't quite the same as Mario series. These 3 behave more fervantly and will drive home huge sales within months if not weeks of coming out. Just like when I bought PS3 for Ffxiii and Xbox360 for Halo, and never touched them again. MH and Pokemon players will buy it on whatever platform because they are dedicated to games first.

Not sure if 3DS would exceed DS lifetime but 2003 might be the year 3DS broke records. (Edit: Lol it'd be first time a HH traveled back in time)

This is handheld we're talkin about, also only MK DS and NSMB DS beat pokemon (thats a mario game)

Around the Network
Tarumon said:

Pls dont include, Pokemon Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver,Black2/White2 because those are cleary not new gen pair games! There remakes and third installments!!!

tbone51 said:
Tarumon said:

Pls dont include, Pokemon Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver,Black2/White2 because those are cleary not new gen pair games! There remakes and third installments!!!

What I'm saying is Mario games are huge but are very leggy, huge sales spread over years.  Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest (but this one is not new), and perhaps Pokemon (first 3D!) will push sales in a burst  That's why I like 3DS' chances this year, those IPs will push whatever hardware they push THIS year.  

Nope. 17m max.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Seems like everyhere thinks its gonna sell well around 7mil huh?

tbone51 said:
Roma said:
since this time around Nintendo has MH on it's side it might actually make it. three GIGANTIC games in one year will will make the 3DS the monster of all monsters!

or it might just fall short by 1m

Thank you!!! My prediction is 6.5mil minimun~~~9.5mil Max!... Wats yours?

minimum 7.5m

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(