By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realized something for next week in japan SSBB VS DMC4

i think SSBB will sell better

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Anyone who has followed the japanese gaming-marked for the last six months knows that the japanese don't buy the "epic" games anymore. Just look how Super Mario Galaxy struggeled in Japan the first few weeks. DMC will struggle even more

It's not DMC4 vs SSBB, nothing on the PS3 matters anywhere, just ask A_T.

Duke Of Darkness said:
Devil May Cry 4 since the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 combined will sell better the first week, but Super Smash Bros Brawl will sell more in lifetime this is because the Wii games tends to have long legs.

Remember, we're talking about Japan.  360 is basically a non-competitor there--DMC may sell 30,000-40,000 on it lifetime, and only because it's going to be bundled.  Also, even in Japan, Wii install base>PS3+360 install base.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I think first week sales will be 500-600k for SSBB, and 80-120k for ps3 DMC4, and 10-20k for 360 DMC4.

Around the Network

There is no way DMC4 outsell SSBB in Japan.
DMC3 sold less than 300k in Japan.

SSBB will dominate in its debut, and for several weeks afterward. DMC4 will be a good game as well, but won't sell even close to as many copies as SSBB.

PS3 hardware will see a huge increase the week afte next week, or maybe even next week.
Wii will stay the same.

mM

^ Can ioi please give out japan HW sales so we could ban Leo already?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

obviously SSBB what kind of question is that? SSBB will school every game ever invented (except Wii sports and maybe Wii fit)