By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realized something for next week in japan SSBB VS DMC4

Kasz216 said:
SSBB will sell better. Though some people are probably overestimating it's first week sales potential. Everytime a Nintendo game gets released it seems it misses the projections around here because it doesn't even ship as many games total as people predict it would sell first week!

It's just Jonh Lucas that make outlandish predictions way to big then we try to predict smaller but they are still way to opimistic.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network

If we're only counting Japan for both, Brawl will probably do DMC4's lifetime sales on it's first week. This sounds ridiculous, but DMC sells very badly in Japan (650k, 550k, 350k), and the install bases of the consoles it'll be on are tiny compared to the PS2.

The same could possibly happen in the rest of the world, but due to the Wii's tendency for smaller first weeks and long legs, the chance is probably under 20%.

There is really no point in predicting what Wii sales are going to be because the fanboys are just going to use excuses.

Wii Sales increase: SSBB really moved units, see told you microsoft was allocating units/stockpiling/etc systems for JP.

Wii Sales remain same: SSBB didn't move units because they were air frieghting units in Dec/Supply Constraint/Stockpiling for U.S. launch/some other excuse.

So many excuses made, I'm starting to think that Wii Fanboys are former workers from Sony's PR.

So, SSB:B will probably do something more then 400k in its first week... And then go one to climb to 1 million faster then Galaxy. Whilst Devil MC4 will do 180k~ish. on PS3 and 60k on X360 i think.. ...

THE NETHERLANDS

DMeisterJ said:

So many excuses made, I'm starting to think that Wii Fanboys are former workers from Sony's PR.

That's nothing. You should see the spin jandre and griffin are trying to pull of in the "Sony wins due to revenue lol" thread.

Both of those "excuses" are compeletely valid, and this thread isn't about hardware anyway. Have you read a single post in this thread?

Around the Network
Parokki said:
DMeisterJ said:

That's nothing. You should see the spin jandre and griffin are trying to pull of in the "Sony wins due to revenue lol" thread.

Both of those "excuses" are compeletely valid, and this thread isn't about hardware anyway. Have you read a single post in this thread?

No, he hasn't.

He stops reading once he sees something he doesn't like:

"I stopped reading when you said that Nintendo games were of a higher caliber than Sony or Microsoft. Surely you aren't talking about the last generation of hardware, or the one before that. You have to make that statement based off of one year on the market of the PS3. And if you believe that XBOX 360s software catalog is not as strong as the Wii's you must be on somethin."

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

About Japanese sales, here is a charts of preorders of a shop.

2. (Wii) Super Smash Bros. Brawl : 1222pt
6. (PS3) Devil May Cry 4 : 321pt
18. (360) Devil May Crt 4 : 37pt

(Notes1) These numbers aren't real preorder number. They are only indexes.
(Notes2) Normally, this shop shows the tendency that the numbers of games for PS2, PS3 and 360 are bigger than them for Nintendo Consoles.

It's free for you to consider what does these number mean.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

If it says so in the Bunbunmaru, then it must be true!

ClaudeLv250 said:
Mummelmann said:
It's not DMC4 vs SSBB, nothing on the PS3 matters anywhere, just ask A_T.

You're getting a little obsessed over him aren't you?

Yup. And getting less and less and less pepper for it. In fact; you're soon the only one who bothers to address me on this. It gives us both something to do then... I don't mind users being positive over their console of choice, but I get frustrated at folks who make outlandish claims and expect to be applauded for it and have people blindly siding with them, using arguments such as "You know I'm right" or "Lol, get real".

Devil May Cry 4 is going to sell better than people think. The fact that it's bundled with the PS3 will allow it to move more units than it normaly would. 100k first week is a given; in fact, I expect much, much more than that. If I'm right, this game was on Famistu's most wanted list, and that means that there is demand for this game. Furthermore, it will be launching on a user base close to 2m, something that no other big PS3 tittle in Japan done. Not only will that translate into larger first week numbers, but it will also allow the game to have longer games than past PS3 have had. Also, consider this: The PS3 is at 1.8m in Japan right now. That means that there are, as I've already pointed out, close to 2m people that will potentially purchase this game. Now, combine that with the PS3's -- the ones with the bundles -- that will be sold that week. This game should at the very least push close to 200k in it's first week.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!