By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U sold less than PS3 in US December at Launch. What do you think about?

WTF?

DOOMED 28 33.33%

FAIL 12 14.29%

PS3 AMAZING 43 51.19%

Total:83
Dallinor said:

It's actually hilarious. If you mock someone for being poor at something then end up being even worse at it, it's far funnier.

Of course it is

Around the Network

Well,360 sold less than both in US December at launch,or even Nov+Dec

ethomaz said:

DanneSandin said:

Yeah, it's looking bleak... What they need is amazing 1st party games and strong 3rd party support

I have expertise in doomed consoles... so Nintendo needs the power of Wii U Slim .

And if you shorten that name you get Wii US! *Gasps* OMFG!!! The Wii U will be SAVED! A console ecpesially made for the US?! It's gonna sell gangbusters and dominate with a marketshare of 90%! You heard it hear first folks ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

MB1025 said:
Anyone else find it funny that Sony fans are bashing a console for a slow start?

that's precisely the point.  Nintendo fans are getting a taste of their own medicine and with the system that did every possible thing to dissuade early adopters (super duper high price, no big exclusives, supply contrain)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

ethomaz said:
Dallinor said:

It's actually hilarious. If you mock someone for being poor at something then end up being even worse at it, it's far funnier.

Of course it is

I know, it'll be hilarious in 2 years when the WiiU destroys the PS4.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Doesn't surprise me. There is no hype for the Wii U. No excitement.

When the Wii came, EVERYONE was hyped. People wanted the Wii - it got tons of positive press from even non-gaming journals. The Wii U has had nothing but negative press.

The Wii U has no target audience. It's not for hardcore gamers, it's not for casuals, and barely for Nintendo fans. The Wii U is a useless console - the touch screen is extremely pointless and the Wii U is not powerful enough.

Being a weak powered console worked for the Wii because of the controller. The Wii U can't do that. How dare Nintendo charge $350 for 2006 technology! This is only the beginning. Nintendo is going to get DESTROYED this year. I thought the Wii U may have had hit 40 million units sold, but now I am thinking possibly 30 million only.

I know the Wii didn't get tons of positive press. Many companies were saying otherwise.

The Wii did. It got a lot actually. In fact, Nintendo opened its 2007 E3 with all the positive press the Wii was getting. It won tons of awards as well.

The Wii had tons of excitement... the Wii U? Not so much.

platformmaster918 said:
MB1025 said:
Anyone else find it funny that Sony fans are bashing a console for a slow start?

that's precisely the point.  Nintendo fans are getting a taste of their own medicine and with the system that did every possible thing to dissuade early adopters (super duper high price, no big exclusives, supply contrain)

what about xbox fans ? are there any ? :S

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

The Wii was nuts in 2006, I remember the biggest radio station in town had a thing where they were encouraging people to call in and tell their listeners if any stores in the city had any new stock for the Wii console, so people could rush to pick up a system.

They had traffic updates, sports updates, and Wii updates, lol.

well, this is very bad, WiiU had a great launch lineup with Mario as well.... : (

it all depends on legs now, if people who play the WiiU like it or not

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

kljesta64 said:
platformmaster918 said:
MB1025 said:

what about xbox fans ? are there any ? :S

there's no reasoning with Xbox fans.  I can respect Nintendo and will buy their system sometime even though their fans have gotten cocky this gen and put their franchises on a pedestal.  I have nothing but respect for Nintendo as a company, but Microsoft can go to hell (or at least out of the gaming biz) as far as I'm concerned.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers