By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U sold less than PS3 in US December at Launch. What do you think about?

WTF?

DOOMED 28 33.33%

FAIL 12 14.29%

PS3 AMAZING 43 51.19%

Total:83

Wii u launched with a Mario and at a great price for a new console, the fact is wii u is doomed, cause reality is gamers have moved on, unless they can come up with a gimmick each gen that can attract non gamers like the wii did, and that ain't gonna happen imo.

Around the Network
daveJ said:
The scary thing for Nintendo is the PS3 was supply constrained in 2006, you cant say the same thing about the Wii-U.
Pricecut incoming?

More of a Price Adjustment in my opinion. They should get rid of the Basic Set and then see about dropping the Deluxe set a tad. 

However, I think we should wait till E3 to see how the Wii U will perform in the wild.

ethomaz said:
kljesta64 said:
times where different in 2006 it was a launch everyone was talking about 2 system sony and nintendo launching their console at the same time it was hyper hype just because of that..and now not many people do even know that the wii u is on shelves or its existence because of poor advertisment...i think ninty knew that the wii u would sell an good amount so there probably waiting for the right moment to get it started if not then they are crazy :D

Hummmmm... your post made the scenario worst.

PS3 490k with high Wii competition
Wii U 460k with no competition

lol

ps3 ,x 360 , 3ds , psvita ,wii ... no competition ? its crowded :

and they are cheaper..

its crowded :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Its called the Wii U not having the same charm as the Wii because its not a casual console, nor did it launch publicly like one. They are playing with the big dogs now instead of playing with themselves (Yes...take that as you like).

osed125 said:

That's it, Nintendo no more. There's no turning back. I'm expecting Nintendo to announce they're becoming a software company at this years E3.

I predicted this first, buddy!

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
Anyone else find it funny that Sony fans are bashing a console for a slow start?

if different for sony though there system launched at 499-599$, a 299$-350$ ps3 would have sold a ton

ninjablade said:
MB1025 said:
Anyone else find it funny that Sony fans are bashing a console for a slow start?

if different for sony though there system launched at 499-599$, a 299$-350$ ps3 would have sold a ton

but the question is would it be the ps3 as we know it today ? :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Yup, I'm disappointed by the sales gotta admit. It ain't doomed, the 3DS was a great example. But their PR firm needs to be fired and they need a new marketing strategy PRONTO!

Vinniegambini said:
Yup, I'm disappointed by the sales gotta admit. It ain't doomed, the 3DS was a great example. But their PR firm needs to be fired and they need a new marketing strategy PRONTO!

The sales are just as expected unless you expected the casual sales that the Wii had. 

MB1025 said:

No, just retribution I suppose. 

It's actually hilarious. If you mock someone for being poor at something then end up being even worse at it, it's far funnier.