By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will be the first non-Sony game to hit a million sales on PS Vita?

Tagged games:

tbone51 said:
riderz13371 said:
brendude13 said:
KylieDog said:
Monster Hunter 4.

If it is coming, you're practically guaranteed to be right.

Howcome Capcom doesn't make a Monster Hunter for Vita? I mean it's guaranteed to sell and it would just mean more money for Capcom and increased sales for Vita. Do they just not like Sony or something?

If you were the head of Capcom wat would you put it on? [4.1mil Vita] or [27mil 3DS] user base!?

Around the Network

There are only two games likely to reach a million on Vita any time soon. One of them is a Sony game, the other is not.

I believe Liberation will reach it before any other third party game releases. Realistically, if there is anything in the pipeline I expect it to be announced at E3 and release later in the year, by which point I expect Liberation to have gotten there.

brendude13 said:

tbone51 said:

If you were the head of Capcom wat would you put it on? [4.1mil Vita] or [27mil 3DS] user base!?

1. MH4 was announced when the 3DS was severely underperforming.

2. Software pushes hardware, not the other way around.

1. my bad for your reason 1 [lol] and 2. I kno software pushes hardware but even if vita had over 30% attach rate and 3DS has a 10%,it'll still sell more wit Nintendo!

brendude13 said:

tbone51 said:

3. MH already had an established fanbase on the PSP, and I don't think MH fans have jumped ship yet when the game hasn't got a release date.

It's up to SONY to get off their arses and cough up the cash though.

I agree on this. Capcom was deciding for 3DS, after they secured with 3G it is selling enough to be not a total failure. They wanted to switch to the Nintendo platform. Vita might get a chance, if MH4 on 3DS is performing under the expectations.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tbone51 said:
brendude13 said:

tbone51 said:

1. my bad for your reason 1 [lol] and 2. I kno software pushes hardware but even if vita had over 30% attach rate and 3DS has a 10%,it'll still sell more wit Nintendo!

Monster Hunter has, historically, sold better on Sony platforms.

Edit - does that make sense? Historically? Basically the past Monster Hunter games have sold more on Sony platforms.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
brendude13 said:

tbone51 said:

3. MH already had an established fanbase on the PSP, and I don't think MH fans have jumped ship yet when the game hasn't got a release date.

It's up to SONY to get off their arses and cough up the cash though.

I agree on this. Capcom was deciding for 3DS, after they secured with 3G it is selling enough to be not a total failure. They wanted to switch to the Nintendo platform. Vita might get a chance, if MH4 on 3DS is performing under the expectations.

MH4 won't underperform on the 3DS, the 3DS is too big in Japan for that to happen. It still won't put them off the idea of making an MH game for PS Vita though, exclusive or multiplat.

riderz13371 said:
tbone51 said:
brendude13 said:

tbone51 said:

Monster Hunter has, historically, sold better on Sony platforms.

Edit - does that make sense? Historically? Basically the past Monster Hunter games have sold more on Sony platforms.

Very true but its PSP vs 3DS! Now its 3DS vs PSV, but capcom should put it multiplat but they wont, either they dont *believe* in sony (lol) or an unknown reason?

tbone51 said:

Very true but its PSP vs 3DS! Now its 3DS vs PSV, but capcom should put it multiplat but they wont, either they dont *believe* in sony (lol) or an unknown reason?

Nintendo coughed up the cash, Sony didn't. I don't know if it's because they thought Capcom would come to them or if they thought they could sell the PS Vita with COD and AC, but it's not working.

brendude13 said:
tbone51 said:

Nintendo coughed up the cash, Sony didn't. I don't know if it's because they thought Capcom would come to them or if they thought they could sell the PS Vita with COD and AC, but it's not working.

I though Vita would own (or come close) to 3DS! I mean Japan is understandable, but seriously 3DS had NSMB2 which came out summer and only winter release was Paper Mario SS. Vita had PSASBR, PERSONA4,COD BLOPS 2, that just came out beginning of Nov !!! Vita cant worry about 3DS as of now, they need GTA, a better COD next year, Uncharted, and a price dropon system and memory!

riderz13371 said:
Scisca said:
Stupid thread.

Stupid comment.

X2.

Your's really is.

730k already sold. 250k sold only in the last 3 weeks. The only question we can ask is are we going to get an announcement of a 3rd party game that can possibly reach 1 mil before ACIII:L does it.

Question - in the US, you get a kart with the ACIII:L bundle, while in Europe we get a code to download the game from PS Store. We know VGChartz don't track online sales, so do they track the number of ACs sold in Europe in the bundles or not?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.