By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why would I ever want to purchase a neXtBox 720?

JayWood2010 said:

Because they wanted people to use Windows Live.  It was marketed to get Windows Live going and it was a good strategy other than people not liking windows live.  PC is not Xbox 360's competitor considering that I think 80% of the PC market is using Windows.

It is the same reason they've allowed games like Halo 2 Alan Wake, fable 3 on PC.  It's not their competitor.  but notice they dont put the entire franchise on their.  This is in the hope that if you like those games enough you will buy and xbox to play the rest of the series.  They also never release those games at launch.  They always rerelease them about a year or 2 afterwards when the sells have stagnated

Exactly they wait for the console version to sell as much as possible and then port it to PC to get the money from some non-Xbox owners, while hoping that one of the series might take off on the PC. If it doesn't take off, they will just stop porting the series.
Halo CE and Fable surely did good, so they brought Halo 2 (which unsurprisingly didn't sell gangbusters on the PC) and Fable 3 (though I don't know why they didn't try it with Fable 2).

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

-pic

Couldn't resist. This isn't aimed at you, just poking fun at PC gamers.

Yep, couldn't resist either!

Ironically my picture is meant as a response to yours, not the other way around :)

l0l

lol ok. Guess PC gamers prefer the illusion.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

M.U.G.E.N said:
So let me get this straight

you make a thread asking why you should buy the next xbox BUT

1. You don't care much for their exclusives
2. We have no idea about what the next xbox is like

so what the heck is this thread's purpose again?

1) I like Gears.
2) Anyone who can read and make educated guess should know what a Win8 based neXtBox will entail.

superchunk said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
So let me get this straight

you make a thread asking why you should buy the next xbox BUT

1. You don't care much for their exclusives
2. We have no idea about what the next xbox is like

so what the heck is this thread's purpose again?

1) I like Gears.
2) Anyone who can read and make educated guess should know what a Win8 based neXtBox will entail.

So you like exclusive (some) but not enough to justify a purchase....even then we do not know what exclusives MS might bring to the table with the next system

and no no you don't. NO ONE DOES. Not about the hardware (at least we have some rumors about that) and definitely not about the software offerings. 

So I ask again...what's the point of this thread? I mean a thread about why should I care about the wiiu would make more sense but even then if you don't like exclusives to the point of purchasing it it's a useless thread. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

JayWood2010 said:

Im talking about the OT and multiple other comments youve made this thread. And same goes to kinect.  Personally I hate the thing but that doesn't mean that the 20m people who bought the thing does.  It just isn't aimed for me.  People have differnent preferences and while their probably isnt any casual gamers on this site, it doesn't mean that they should be excluded either.

RE: Kinect and its base. I wasn't asking those gamers as those gamers don't frequent a video game sales forum. Those gamers are also less likely to put together a PC or even consider putting it on their TV.

RE: Games I've ignored like your list.... I said I don't like Halo and I do like Gears. Anyone who is a racing nut will want a console for Forza/GT, sure. But, I was asking in a general sense of all content available. I accept the answers of specific group of games like the ones you listed. Still won't work for me, but, for a few others ok. As it is, it seems like over 99% of the content on a future Xbox will be on a win8 PC.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

lol ok. Guess PC gamers prefer the illusion.

The illusion of what?

Nm, the see themselves in a totally different light then how the world sees them. They cannot understand, no point in me explaining :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

superchunk said:
kitler53 said:

bad ass image

Where did you get that from?

someone on reddit created it.  i suppose i could have posted a few words to it but really the idea is that A) there are quite a few games that hit consoles and not PC and B) of the ones that hit PC there are quite a few that show up late and shitty (like dark souls). 

there are plenty of great reasons to game on PC but getting every game on xbox is not one of them.

=p Many people said that about the X360 and many end up buying one ( a lot more than you initially thought) :).

If there was zero chance anyone in here was going to change your mind then what was the point of making this thread?

Especially since none of us actually know anything about it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
If there was zero chance anyone in here was going to change your mind then what was the point of making this thread?

Especially since none of us actually know anything about it.

Who said I wouldn't change my mind? Problem is a lot of people say "Halo" yet I don't like that game. But, a few have listed games I do like and would play.