By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why would I ever want to purchase a neXtBox 720?

sales2099 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:

im pretty sure the 3 gears are on pc unless im wrong?

No Gears of War 1 got released like 1 or 2 years after they originally released it on 360.  No other gears game is on PC.

Gears of War is the best X360 franchise why put it on pc? Microsoft i dont get you.

Because you dont think like MS...or its fans.

Think 360 VS PS3 and it all makes sense.The purpose is to make as much money...as long as PS3 doesnt get it. You either play it on 360, PC...but your PS3 remains off as their version doesnt exist.

To MS.....the term exclusive = not on PS3.

If it's not an MMO it will flop look at the best selling console games on pc they sell between 50k-200 90% of the time so i doubt it makes them money.

Around the Network

why would i ever want to purchase $console?
i don't like the manufacturer of $console and can't find any other argument to make me buy it.

imsert appropriate console and search the forums for arbitrary arguments.
then, other posters will come with other arguments that have been written thousand times before, argumenting pro and contra.

sales2099 said:

Ok buddy. Your a PC eletist. We get it.

The Xbox console is for console gamers.

<lol>

Couldn't resist. This isn't aimed at you, just poking fun at PC gamers.

But I haven't had a pc gaming focus in over a decade. Just thinking about future options.

Mowcno said:
kain_kusanagi said:
I don't know how it's possible, but you forgot about Halo. It alone is worth the price of the NextBox. Nothing even compares to the pure gameplay nirvana that is Halo. Halo 4 is the best game of the generation and you can only play it on the Xbox 360. Halo 5 will only be on the NextBox so you'll need it if you want to play the best game of the next generation.

No game is worth $400, Planetside 2 is free and more than enough sci-fi fps for me.

Planetside 2 is nothing but multiplayer. Not enough game for me.

Halo IS worth the price of entry. It's that good. I bought my original 360 for Halo 3, I didn't buy it until it came out. I sold that 360 to buy the Halo 4 Limited Edition console and I love it. Halo 4 didn't leave my 360 for month. I rarely replay games, but I've replayed each of the Halo games several times. It's become a tradition of mine to play through the Halo saga chronlogicaly when a new Halo gets released and it never gets old. I pop in classic 8 and 16 bit games from time to time, but nothing keeps me coming back for more like Halo.

The NextBox will be my HaloBox.

Wander_ said:
sales2099 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:

im pretty sure the 3 gears are on pc unless im wrong?

No Gears of War 1 got released like 1 or 2 years after they originally released it on 360.  No other gears game is on PC.

Gears of War is the best X360 franchise why put it on pc? Microsoft i dont get you.

Because you dont think like MS...or its fans.

Think 360 VS PS3 and it all makes sense.The purpose is to make as much money...as long as PS3 doesnt get it. You either play it on 360, PC...but your PS3 remains off as their version doesnt exist.

To MS.....the term exclusive = not on PS3.

If it's not an MMO it will flop look at the best selling console games on pc they sell between 50k-200 90% of the time so i doubt it makes them money.

doesnt change what i said

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

bad ass image

Where did you get that from?

superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:

Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Forza 2, forza 3, forza 4, , forza horizon, all kinect games, gears 2, gears 3, blue dragon, red dead redemption, kameo, perfect dark, banjo, XBLA, viva pinata, mortal kombat, WWE, NBA, NFL, NHL, FIFA, pretty much any sports game, and this list goes on and on.  These are one of few reasons people decide to own both consoles and PC. 

Halo, Gears, Forza, (LO, BD - somone above already stated this won't continue), NFL, RStar games, NHL, NCAA.

Interesting thing about those games above, nearly all have had a version on the PC previously, so there is no real guarantee that it won't happen again.

I won't count Kinect games, just as I wouldn't count Harry Potter X or some other junk title. (opinion)

XBLA will be on Win8 along with other Live digital content. This will be significantly more when neXtBox releases. Probably even initiate a Live fee for PC users as well to utilize this content.

Games you listed and can get on PC/STEAM/OnLive/Origin
Kameo, WWE, NBA, MLB, FIFA, ...

Good list though.

lmao look if you dont like the games i mentioned then dont get a 360.  You know nothing about the NeXbox and all youve done is made yourself look bad in this thread.  Ignore the games I mentioned because you dont like them while millions of others buy them because they do.  That is like me saying nintendo is worthless because i dont like mario games.  It doesnt matter if i dont like mario because millions of others do.  You have given no reason for anything and on top of that we know next to nothing about the NeXbox

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

-pic

Couldn't resist. This isn't aimed at you, just poking fun at PC gamers.

Yep, couldn't resist either!

Ironically my picture is meant as a response to yours, not the other way around :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

JayWood2010 said:
superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:

Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Forza 2, forza 3, forza 4, , forza horizon, all kinect games, gears 2, gears 3, blue dragon, red dead redemption, kameo, perfect dark, banjo, XBLA, viva pinata, mortal kombat, WWE, NBA, NFL, NHL, FIFA, pretty much any sports game, and this list goes on and on.  These are one of few reasons people decide to own both consoles and PC. 

Halo, Gears, Forza, (LO, BD - somone above already stated this won't continue), NFL, RStar games, NHL, NCAA.

Interesting thing about those games above, nearly all have had a version on the PC previously, so there is no real guarantee that it won't happen again.

I won't count Kinect games, just as I wouldn't count Harry Potter X or some other junk title. (opinion)

XBLA will be on Win8 along with other Live digital content. This will be significantly more when neXtBox releases. Probably even initiate a Live fee for PC users as well to utilize this content.

Good list though.

lmao look if you dont like the games i mentioned then dont get a 360.  You know nothing about the NeXbox and all youve done is made yourself look bad in this thread.  Ignore the games I mentioned because you dont like them while millions of others buy them because they do.  That is like me saying nintendo is worthless because i dont like mario games.  It doesnt matter if i dont like mario because millions of others do.  You have given no reason for anything and on top of that we know next to nothing about the NeXbox

Ignored? I only ignored Kinect titles. I said the list was a good list and pulled out games that are actually available to PC players.

superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:
superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:

Good list though.

Ignored? I only ignored Kinect titles. I said the list was a good list and pulled out games that are actually available to PC players.

Im talking about the OT and multiple other comments youve made this thread. And same goes to kinect.  Personally I hate the thing but that doesn't mean that the 20m people who bought the thing does.  It just isn't aimed for me.  People have differnent preferences and while their probably isnt any casual gamers on this site, it doesn't mean that they should be excluded either.