By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why would I ever want to purchase a neXtBox 720?

BenVTrigger said:
This thread is a pretty close minded way of looking at things

Why would ANYONE buy ANY console when you could always build a better PC. The answer is simple, many people especially those that arent "hardcore gamers" like the ease of use a console offers. If you go to the store to buy a 360 or PS3 game you know you can go straight home, stick it in your console and it will run perfectly fine. You also know there is zero need to worry about upgrading parts and compatibility issues until the next console releases.

For many core gamers like us PC gaming isnt that difficukt to figure out but we are the minority. The vast majority of gamers who play on console dont know anything about how to build a rig, how Steam works, or how to even gauge system requirements

yeah i think he is 97% sure he will build a pc instead...

yeah get build the pc and buy either ps4 or wii u for exclusives.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

the amusing thing is that the only titles i see there for the wii u that i'm even remotely interested in are rayman legends and bayonetta 2

superchunk said:
So again, I ask, why would anyone want to buy a neXtBox over simply adding a nice Win8 PC to their TV?

Pretty sure that MS doesn't really care whether you're gaming on their Xbox Successor or on a Windows PC. The whole reason why they got into the gaming hardware industry was to keep Playstation from stealing all of their PC games away, and thus weakening Windows' appeal.

BasilZero said:
YukanaSenix said:

Those are games from the 1st few years where Microsoft had all the support they could buy.
Mistwalker(LO and BD) won't work for/with Microsoft anymore.They had a 2 games contract cause Microsoft helped them to fund the studio.After that they run away and worked for/with Nintendo and actually i think Sakaguchi is doing surfer browsergames.
Tales of Vesperia nearly destroyed the whole Tales of Studios cause it was a brutal minus cause it didn't sell as microsoft promised them.
And in the 360 Version you could see things(missing spaces in group talks and stuff) that were a sign that they never wanted to make it 360 exclusive.They just couldn't afford a PS3 Version.Vesperia PS3 made them so much money they could be profitable again and went Sony Exclusive with Xillia(Franchise PreOrder Records and destroyer of Final Fantasy 13-2 in JAPAN) and Xillia 2.Graces F and Vesperia were clearly superior ports who made them insane amounts of money too.

This support is gone completely - Don't mention always stuff from the 1st few years.That doesn't count anymore today.
Look at what Microsoft is deliverin in the past 3 years after most of their 3rd Party Exclusives went Multiplat or over to Sony/Nintendo
And when you hear some stuff about NextGen you don't hear a lot about new IPs for the NextBox.We know Sony Studios are working on NextGen Titles and New IPs(Santa Monica Studios and Guerilla Games)
If Sony doesn't screw up like they did with the PS3 at the beginning Microsoft won't have the same easy way to convince Developers to go Exclusive for them especially not Japanese Developers.They had their fair share of lessons in this Gen.The PS3 is the only console their stuff is selling on.

Not so sure about the Mistwalker part - they are a third party developer and can easily release a game multiplatform if not exclusive to the 360.

Tales of Vesperia destroyed the series how so? According to VGChartz, the installation is the #7th most sold game in the entire series. Pretty amazing despite the fact it was exclusive to the 360 in the west and PS3 in Japan.

Also textures and pieces of code missing shouldnt be the fault of the system itself but the way the developer made the game, why would it be the system's fault for such mistakes when you got games that possibly have larger amount of data and code that are available to the 360?

Also lol at

"Don't mention always stuff from the 1st few years.That doesn't count anymore today."

Why not? Do you consider everything else that was released exclusive on a Nintendo system, Sony system and Microsoft system before this generation irrelevant as well?

The guy asked what exclusives this generation had that are on xbox360 that he cant get anywhere else and I provided a correct yet incomplete response (I tried my best as I can even with my limited knowledge of the Xbox library), doesnt matter when they were released - the fact that they were released this generation which is the current generation still stands.

Honestly there is no solid evidence of anything next gen software wise except for a few handful of rumors on both from Sony and Microsoft. Not sure why you would say Microsoft has nothing, the damn system hasnt even been announced yet! XD

There actually is confirmed reports of next gen games being worked for the nextbox which makes his statment even worse.

1. Black Tusk Studios is working on a AAA title that is supposed to be the "next Halo". I also read (on here I think) that they are working on another game as well.

2. There was a job listing for Rare about them working on a AAA title.

3. This shouldn't be on the list because it isn;t technically confirmed, but Remedy has teased the hell out of Alan Wake 2 since the new year. Why would they say they have new stuff to show on the Alan Wake facebook page and not the Remedy page if it wasn't Alan Wake 2.

4. We also know Lionhead Studios is working on Fable 4 and something that has online play since they are hiring a Tech Director for online services for a unannounced game with experience in RPG's, Action Adventure, and RTS's.

5. Crytek we know is working on Ryse. Strong rumors point to it being next gen.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them pluck a franchise from the THQ sale.

Anyways that is just off the top of my head of what Microsoft has in the works. That have added studios over the past few months and have been hiring for all kinds of stuff.

o_O.Q said:
KeptoKnight said:
I agree. That is why Wii-U and PC combo is the perfect way to go. Every game that comes out you can use an xbox 360 controller for your PC.

The games that comes out for Xbox and NOT for PC is shit anyway.

there are some people who believe ( myself included ) that nintendo's way of doing things has gotten very stale but that's a separate view point just like you have your own

some of these people may prefer games like tales of vesperia or lost odyssey which can only be found on xbox

That is why i said everyone is a critic. But I can safely say Nintendo comes up with some uniqueness in their games.

Around the Network
KeptoKnight said:
o_O.Q said:
KeptoKnight said:
I agree. That is why Wii-U and PC combo is the perfect way to go. Every game that comes out you can use an xbox 360 controller for your PC.

there are some people who believe ( myself included ) that nintendo's way of doing things has gotten very stale but that's a separate view point just like you have your own

some of these people may prefer games like tales of vesperia or lost odyssey which can only be found on xbox

That is why i said everyone is a critic. But I can safely say Nintendo comes up with some uniqueness in their games.

that could be said of all 3

there aren't any games out there like gears and halo for example

superchunk said:
BasilZero said:

Exclusives from the first party and some exclusives from third parties.

Both current gen and the upcoming gen.

I touched on both of those.

What 3rd party games don't show up in Steam/PC or Onlive? I honestly can't think of any.

The only MS first party I like is Gears and I'm pretty sure that always gets a late PC release. I least I thought it did. In the end, that one game is not enough.

What other first party title is there beyond Halo?

Not sure if this was touched on earlier in the thread, but Eternal Sonata Did not and I was sad :(.

KeptoKnight said:
o_O.Q said:
KeptoKnight said:

As an owner of PC and Wii U I couldn't agree more with this.

The only way I'd even THINK about getting the next Xbox is if online gameplay and access to apps became free like PSN. I have a 360, and I haven't had a PS3 since 2007, but I regret it every day because of Xbox Live's fees.

Possible IllumiRoom tech if integrated in a good way. I mean I know you knew about it and all but it could be cool. Another reason....maybe.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.