By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why would I ever want to purchase a neXtBox 720?

Both TP and first party games have a better release schedule on consoles. But not so much on the PC. So they'll depending many times on petitions to get something that's been optimized for the consoles most of the time.

That's my main pick with PC gaming and the reason i rarely update mine.

And Chunk, is it me or you're basically asking why you should buy a 360? You keep going on about its games and exclusives. You know little to nothing about the 720 at this point.

Around the Network

You could actually replace most consoles with PC's in theory, but many people just don't want a gaming PC. It's not their thing. And I totally understand them.

Maybe Gears is the only game you care, but you are not the whole world. Gears of war 2, 3, Halo series (and halo its waaay bigger than GoW) Lost oddysey, Tales of vesperia, Forza games, etc cant be played on pc.

Not many people can spend 900 dlrs in building a new brand pc, i cant, also, i didnt need it, i just need a console to play... for the bassic homework and internet browsing, my regular laptop can handle it.

Also, not everyone knows how to build a pc, i dont, i just coneect my xbox in the tv ans play.

Not everyone have a fast internet, or even a internet conextion, so i cant download a game of 15 o 20 gigas.

So, maybe for you there is no reason, but for me i prefer a console just to play and my bassic pc for anything else.

For last, if there is NO information about a nextbox, how can you say that there ir no reason to buy it? also, if you dont like any other microsoft series or game, that only reasson its enought for not buying the xbox 720.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

This thread is kind of pointless since you've already made up your mind and decided long ago that you don't want the Next Xbox.

As a side note what the heck kind of games/genres do you like if you only like Gears out of all the 360 has to offer (you dislike FPS, RPG, JRPG, Racing, Action)

yo_john117 said:

This thread is kind of pointless since you've already made up your mind and decided long ago that you don't want the Next Xbox.

As a side note what the heck kind of games/genres do you like if you only like Gears out of all the 360 has to offer (you dislike FPS, RPG, JRPG, Racing, Action)

Who said I made up my mind? I've always maintained I may buy some other nextgen console.

Shooters - only a few. Battlefield motly.
RPGs - simply no time to invest. Zelda is the largest game I play now (not rpg, but still a long game).
Racing/Sports - boring meh
Action - I like. But, its also well served on everything else and 3rd parties.
RTS - Civilization mostly
Platform - wide range

Really just see my game library. Everything I've owned since 2006 is in there.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
You could actually replace most consoles with PC's in theory, but many people just don't want a gaming PC. It's not their thing. And I totally understand them.

But but but...you have a mac! You apple person you D:

But we all know Macs have no gaemz.

NintendoPie said:

In theory, that would kill the game industry.

superchunk said:
yo_john117 said:

Who said I made up my mind? I've always maintained I may buy some other nextgen console.

Shooters - only a few. Battlefield motly.
RPGs - simply no time to invest. Zelda is the largest game I play now (not rpg, but still a long game).
Racing/Sports - boring meh
Action - I like. But, its also well served on everything else and 3rd parties.
RTS - Civilization mostly
Platform - wide range

Really just see my game library. Everything I've owned since 2006 is in there.

wtf is this.

No Bayonetta on PC. No MGS Rising. No Platinum Games in general.

You're not well served at.all.

I agree. That is why Wii-U and PC combo is the perfect way to go. Every game that comes out you can use an xbox 360 controller for your PC.

The games that comes out for Xbox and NOT for PC is shit anyway.

Main reason one would purchase any console for me at this day and age is cause that is where my friends are playing their multiplayer games.

If you don't have any gamer friends then I could see you skipping most consoles and going the PC route. I for one would probably skip gaming all together if my friends weren't gaming.