By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why would I ever want to purchase a neXtBox 720?

No idea...I mean really..no friggin idea as in we have no idea what the next box will offer >_>

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

there is really no reason unless there is a reason when we know more about it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I don't know how it's possible, but you forgot about Halo. It alone is worth the price of the NextBox. Nothing even compares to the pure gameplay nirvana that is Halo. Halo 4 is the best game of the generation and you can only play it on the Xbox 360. Halo 5 will only be on the NextBox so you'll need it if you want to play the best game of the next generation.

kain_kusanagi said:
I don't know how it's possible, but you forgot about Halo. It alone is worth the price of the NextBox. Nothing even compares to the pure gameplay nirvana that is Halo. Halo 4 is the best game of the generation and you can only play it on the Xbox 360. Halo 5 will only be on the NextBox so you'll need it if you want to play the best game of the next generation.

No game is worth $400, Planetside 2 is free and more than enough sci-fi fps for me.

JayWood2010 said:

Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Forza 2, forza 3, forza 4, , forza horizon, all kinect games, gears 2, gears 3, blue dragon, red dead redemption, kameo, perfect dark, banjo, XBLA, viva pinata, mortal kombat, WWE, NBA, NFL, NHL, FIFA, pretty much any sports game, and this list goes on and on.  These are one of few reasons people decide to own both consoles and PC. 

Halo, Gears, Forza, (LO, BD - somone above already stated this won't continue), NFL, RStar games, NHL, NCAA.

Interesting thing about those games above, nearly all have had a version on the PC previously, so there is no real guarantee that it won't happen again.

I won't count Kinect games, just as I wouldn't count Harry Potter X or some other junk title. (opinion)

XBLA will be on Win8 along with other Live digital content. This will be significantly more when neXtBox releases. Probably even initiate a Live fee for PC users as well to utilize this content.

Games you listed and can get on PC/STEAM/OnLive/Origin
Kameo, WWE, NBA, MLB, FIFA, ...

Good list though.

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:

im pretty sure the 3 gears are on pc unless im wrong?

No Gears of War 1 got released like 1 or 2 years after they originally released it on 360.  No other gears game is on PC.

Gears of War is the best X360 franchise why put it on pc? Microsoft i dont get you.

Because you dont think like MS...or its fans.

Think 360 VS PS3 and it all makes sense.The purpose is to make as much money...as long as PS3 doesnt get it. You either play it on 360, PC...but your PS3 remains off as their version doesnt exist.

To MS.....the term exclusive = not on PS3.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Eh MS hasn't ported exclusives in ages. The last one was Fable 3. EDIT: Forgot Alan Wake.

Fable 2, Crackdown, Crackdown 2, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, All Kinect exclusives, All 360 Halos, all Forzas, PGR3+4, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, Magna Carta 2, Tales of Vesperia (not counting the Japan exclusive PS3 version), Gears 2+3 (and likely Judgement), Burnout Revenge etc.

Also there are a lot of games that don't see a PC release at all and some that do, get a port much later like GTA (or any of the MS ports).

superchunk said:
JayWood2010 said:

Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Forza 2, forza 3, forza 4, , forza horizon, all kinect games, gears 2, gears 3, blue dragon, red dead redemption, kameo, perfect dark, banjo, XBLA, viva pinata, mortal kombat, WWE, NBA, NFL, NHL, FIFA, pretty much any sports game, and this list goes on and on.  These are one of few reasons people decide to own both consoles and PC. 

Halo, Gears, Forza, (LO, BD - somone above already stated this won't continue), NFL, RStar games, NHL, NCAA.

Interesting thing about those games above, nearly all have had a version on the PC previously, so there is no real guarantee that it won't happen again.

I won't count Kinect games, just as I wouldn't count Harry Potter X or some other junk title. (opinion)

XBLA will be on Win8 along with other Live digital content. This will be significantly more when neXtBox releases. Probably even initiate a Live fee for PC users as well to utilize this content.

Games you listed and can get on PC/STEAM/OnLive/Origin
Kameo, WWE, NBA, MLB, FIFA, ...

Good list though.

Ok buddy. Your a PC eletist. We get it.

The Xbox console is for console gamers.

Couldn't resist. This isn't aimed at you, just poking fun at PC gamers.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

So let me get this straight

you make a thread asking why you should buy the next xbox BUT

1. You don't care much for their exclusives
2. We have no idea about what the next xbox is like

so what the heck is this thread's purpose again?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!