By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kid Icarus: Uprising sold more than 1 million copies!

Tagged games:

Would you want a WiiU version?

Yes! 41 47.67%

No! 14 16.28%

Yes, but with more content 25 29.07%

No, but a version for the Wii 3 3.49%

see results 3 3.49%

Total:86

It's looking slightly unlikely that it'll outsell the original at the moment, but it's well within the realm of possibility. 750,000 more to go, and it dropped below 4,000 a week before the holidays. Most likely not going to happen.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
OK, I will change the title back. But it worked! The thread got way more posts with the mention of Vita in the title.

if your thread fails take it like a man, don't try to bait people just to get attention.  I'll let this thread stay up but if we see this again it'll be an automatic thread lock and then you won't really have to worry about people not replying.  

Most disappointing game of last year :(    I tried to like it but I couldn't

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Aside from the controls, this game is really oustanding and it is so different from something you would expect from a 1st party Nintendo game. I'm glad it sold well.

totally deserved! the amount of content on that game is amazing!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
sperrico87 said:
I bought it, but then sold it. I really, really didn't care for the controls. That game needs to be made available as a download for Wii U with full dual analog control. The way it's meant to be.

Honestly, I do not think dual analog would work as effectively with Kid Icarus.  Dual Analog cannot immitate as well the quick and precise turns you have to make when you go at it on difficulty 9 or on multiplayer.  

MDMAlliance said:
sperrico87 said:
I bought it, but then sold it. I really, really didn't care for the controls. That game needs to be made available as a download for Wii U with full dual analog control. The way it's meant to be.

Honestly, I do not think dual analog would work as effectively with Kid Icarus.  Dual Analog cannot immitate as well the quick and precise turns you have to make when you go at it on difficulty 9 or on multiplayer.  

I think the game is just too ambitious for the hardware it's designed for.  Too many things to do to make the character move and aim.  Not comfortable, as well as slightly cumbersome.

Bristow9091 said:
Why don't I have this "great" game?

Because I'm left handed.

Well, that's a big problem and generally a left-down from Nintendo with the 3DS, if the Circle Pad is used for the game. As far as I heard, with the circle-pad-pro you can choose a left-hand-option for the game, but as I don't own the hardware, I don't know how it works.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Kid Icarus Uprising HD Edition for Wii U with Wiimote pointer controls (or touchscreen for those who prefer that) and local + online multiplayer would be a godsend.

Nintendo really has a lot of games that they could build a nice eShop with .... HD versions of Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Xenoblade, and The Last Story ... all these games deserve to be played by more people. Make it happen Nintendo.

RolStoppable said:
I didn't expect that to happen, so I'll say: "Overtracked."

Well, you were right. But some more weeks, and it should get there - a second time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]