By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Kid Icarus: Uprising sold more than 1 million copies!

Tagged games:

Would you want a WiiU version?

Yes! 41 47.67%

No! 14 16.28%

Yes, but with more content 25 29.07%

No, but a version for the Wii 3 3.49%

see results 3 3.49%

Total:86

If the boxart was better it would've sold better too. I mean dat boxart.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

It might be a good game. If you like playing through a set story with clear objectives it is great.

It is a bad Kid Icarus game. They shouldn't have used him for it, and people who liked the NES game for its exploration or lack of narrative will not find these qualities in Uprising. 

The concern with Uprising is that, because it did sell a million, all future Kid Icarus games will be made like it instead of like the NES game. Much like how 3D Mario replaced 2D Mario during N64 and Gamecube, fans of the earlier titles see games released of their series in name only.

The solution is to acknowledge they are different series and try to make both. Sakurai instead called it the successor to the original and hasn't saidanything like that.

Soleron said:

It might be a good game. If you like playing through a set story with clear objectives it is great.

It is a bad Kid Icarus game. They shouldn't have used him for it, and people who liked the NES game for its exploration or lack of narrative will not find these qualities in Uprising.

The concern with Uprising is that, because it did sell a million, all future Kid Icarus games will be made like it instead of like the NES game. Much like how 3D Mario replaced 2D Mario during N64 and Gamecube, fans of the earlier titles see games released of their series in name only.

The solution is to acknowledge they are different series and try to make both. Sakurai instead called it the successor to the original and hasn't saidanything like that.

I read that post already in another thread about Metroid.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Soleron said:

I read that post already in another thread about Metroid.

If people will make the same threads I will give the same response.

I haven't bought it yet but only because I've finished only one of my 6 3DS games. I can't judge the controls yet, but it will definitely control (and look) better on the Wii U. I want a sequel, not a port

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

I want a Wii U sequel with pointer support. I thought the controls were fine, but they did give my hand cramps. Pointer support+HD= a very good game. Also with the Wii U, flight to ground should be seamless, no load times. I think the formula is fantastic, but it was a little raw. It needs to be sequeled.

Second time: PAAAAARRRRRTYYYYYYYYYYY!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]