By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wasn't Vita suppose to outsell Wii this holiday?

Does Vita even stills Selling ?

Around the Network

Speaking purely from a capitalistic frame of mind. I find nothing reprehensible about the original posters title, or the content of their post. The reality no matter how distasteful is the original poster is only feeding into a demand. This community thrives for the most part on fast food. Rather then fine dining. If you don't like these kinds of threads, or wholeheartedly disagree with their core message. Then it behooves you to not give such threads any form of real patronage. When you give these threads traction. Then you only encourage more such threads.

A thread creators first duty isn't to impartiality. Their first duty is to inspiration. As in creating a thread that others want to participate in. The measure of their success is the number of responses the thread generates, and the overall length of the discussion. If the majority want quick, dirty, and salacious. Then that is what providers will in the end cater too. Those who have higher standards, or who refuse to go the safe route. Usually find themselves left out in the cold. With nobody contributing to their threads.

In the end decrying these threads comes across as protesting too much. In other words those who complain are also those that take secret delight in participating in them. Whether it is to play the victim, or the result of a all consuming obsessing. The end result is the same. They are keeping the story alive, and perpetuating a trend. If at the end of the day Vita train wreck threads weren't getting hits and responses. They would dry up like a puddle of water in the Saharan midday sun. They only exist, because people bitch about them existing.

If you have a sincere desire to stop these threads. Then don't click on them, and don't respond to them. There is only so long that a group of people agreeing with one another can circle jerk themselves before it gets tedious, and they move on to something with more meaningful dialogue. Further more if you find gloating threads to be irritating. It needs to be pointed out that the people who usually take it on the chin. Are the people who didn't bother to make a thoughtful analysis in the first place.

Firstly when someone makes a thoughtful case. They back up their opinion with facts, or with some form of real logic. They don't just say what they think. They explain why they think this. They even go so far as to hedge their prediction by saying how much faith they have in that prediction. The people who get in trouble are always the people that state their opinion as a unarguable fact. It makes them look both arrogant and foolhardy. The are just about begging for a wedgie.

Anyway if you don't want your nose rubbed in it. Then a little effort is all it takes to get out from in front of the firing line, and there is nothing to stop you from pulling others to safety. If you see people who agree with you on the topic, but who aren't qualifying their opinion. Then you should nudge them for a elaboration. You just might save them from some grief later on, and if everyone who is complaining about gloat threads helped to bring up the game of one or two posters in any particular prediction thread. Then it would definitely put a damper on the retaliation aspect of gloat threads. It is hard to call people out for being fools when they made rational or even reasonable arguments in the first place.

Anyway the most positive things you can do is to create threads of your own that aren't cannon fodder, and take the time to explore ideas that haven't gotten a lot of attention. You could also contribute to threads that are the same. There are a number of posters on these forums who take the time to bring up new ideas for discussion, but those threads unfortunately languish. They don't just need responses. They need people that are willing to flesh them out, or to take them to the next level. It isn't just a authors job to keep the ball rolling. If you sincerely hate threads like this. Then you need to be supporting the alternatives. Making better forums does start with you.

pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

No one said that. Stop spinning things.

man-bear-pig said:
pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

No one said that. Stop spinning things.

keep reading the thread.

Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

Almost no one said that. You are a shill, you can't stop doing your community manager work even when it's a blatant lie what you say, right?

Eh, you clearly have some beef with me, but now that I backed it up (with posts from a single thread), what do you have to say?

Who was the first person to label you as community manager? Just curious. because another came into the Vita thread and told us all that we are disliked and that we are a cult around here.

We have some real angry people here it seems.

Huh? Pezus is the community manager of the Vita thread?

That's odd considering that he doesn't even own one!

Around the Network
Kynes said:
pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

Almost no one said that. You are a shill, you can't stop doing your community manager work even when it's a blatant lie what you say, right?

Eh, you clearly have some beef with me, but now that I backed it up (with posts from a single thread), what do you have to say?

Who was the first person to label you as community manager? Just curious. because another came into the Vita thread and told us all that we are disliked and that we are a cult around here.

I don't know, but Kynes has said something similar before. It's ridiculous if he doesn't get warned for this, because calling me a "shill" and a "community manager" is just as much of an insult as calling someone a fanboy, especially because I wasn't even lying. Some people are so forgetful that it's amazing.

I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings, Pezus. I'm only puting a name at what you do in this forum.  If it offends you, don't behave as one.

PS: It's ironic that you, that bend the rules and is always walking in the razor's edge, calls other user because of this.

@bolded, gotta say I agree with this. Nearly every post I read from pezus is borderline rule-breaking

@Jay, gotcha, but that doesn't change my opinion. If I dug hard enough I could probably find people saying that the Vita (or any other console) will outsell all other consoles combined this Christmas.

man-bear-pig said:
Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

I was very surprise that some of the biggest Vita defender on this site doesn't even own one. VGking just recently purchase one, ethomaz is planning to get one and Pezus doesn't even own one. How can you tell others how great a game system is, even if you don't own it?

BTW the Vita is a great handheld with awesome games.

bonkers555 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

I was very surprise that some of the biggest Vita defender on this site doesn't even own one. VGking just recently purchase one, ethomaz is planning to get one and Pezus doesn't even own one. How can you tell others how great a game system is, even if you don't own it?

Exactly, it's kinda hypocritical. I remember a few months ago he was deciding on whether to get a Nexus 7 or a Vita. Needless to say, he chose the Nexus 7..

It did

in japan

007BondAgent said:
It did

in japan

Japan =/= world.